(Solved) [1.11] Replacing block with another block

Rohzek

Mind that will only work for things like pumpkins. If you wanted to replace--say--cobblestone in villages, you'd have a much harder time.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Could you show the code where you catch the event ?

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber
public class DecorateBiomeEventSP 
{
@SubscribeEvent
public static void onDecorateBiome(DecorateBiomeEvent.Decorate event)
{
	World world = event.getWorld();
	BlockPos pos = event.getPos();
	EventType type = event.getType();

if(type == EventType.PUMPKIN)
	{
		event.setResult(Result.DENY);
		world.setBlockState(pos, SPBlocks.PUMPKIN_SP.getDefaultState());
	}
}
}

Mind that will only work for things like pumpkins. If you wanted to replace--say--cobblestone in villages, you'd have a much harder time.

I'm only replacing the melons and pumpkins. The melons use the same texture so I just changed the drop you get with the harvest drops event to my custom one, but my custom pumpkin removes the face (and will make you carve one on, to get the vanilla pumpkin... unless I can make a custom block work to spawn the snow golem) so I'm trying to replace them.

Developing the Spiral Power Mod .

こんにちは!お元気ですか?

You know what? It needed to be registered on the terrain event bus, not the event bus. Now, it's working but my attempt at placing my own block in it's place crashes.

World world = event.getWorld();
BlockPos pos = event.getPos();
EventType type = event.getType();

if(type == EventType.PUMPKIN)
{
event.setResult(Result.DENY);
if(!world.isRemote)
{
	LogHelper.debug("I blocked a pumpkin spawn");
	world.setBlockState(pos, SPBlocks.PUMPKIN_SP.getDefaultState());
}
}

EDIT:

Because the pos it always spits out, is at y level 0. I'm quite confused here.

Developing the Spiral Power Mod .

こんにちは!お元気ですか?

As I said the event is triggered once before all pumpkins are generated in chunk. Not for each pumpkin.

You have to mimic the way pumpkins are generated.

In vanilla (note : build 1.10.2 2185, check if it's the same for you, it's in BiomeDecorator.java), that is :

if (random.nextInt(32) == 0)
        {
            int i5 = random.nextInt(16) + 8;
            int k9 = random.nextInt(16) + 8;
            int j13 = worldIn.getHeight(this.chunkPos.add(i5, 0, k9)).getY() * 2;

if (j13 > 0)
            {
                int k16 = random.nextInt(j13);
                (new WorldGenPumpkin()).generate(worldIn, random, this.chunkPos.add(i5, k16, k9));
            }
        }

(Use the random of the Decorate event, else you'll break seeds).

I found this by looking with my IDE where the Decorate event was called, and I saw the one where the type PUMPKIN is checked.

If you paste this code in your event, vanilla pumpkins will generate. Now if you want something different, you have to create a new WorldGenPumpkin. Just extend it and override the methods you need (probably at least generate() as it's called there).

The pos that's given by the event are coordinates of the chunk (or at least the chunk cross-shaped intersection, but that's the idea). So it's basically a position on a 2D map seen from above, and a y value would be meaningless. That's why y = 0. Anyway you do not need it for pumpkins.

If you wanted to edit trees that would have been trickier because some data used to calculate them are not passed to the event, but for pumpkins everything seems okay.