Forge takes more than 60 minutes to startup

ThaumicTom

Hello,

I am really angry about Forge today. I wanted to play a modpack runned with Forge 1.10. So, I don't have problems with Mods, or the Modpacks, I have a problem with Forge. Forge takes over 60 Minutes to load freakin' 80-100 Mods. I play minecraft since 2010, and modded since Hexxit. Hexxit has 80 mods or more, and with an old version of Forge it just takes 2-3 minutes to startup, while the FTB Lite 1.10 takes 30 minutes, with the newest. Why? Anyone can help me?

Thanks, Tom

Edit:

When I am starting Forge 1.10, the Model Manager (4/7) freezes completly, and I have to wait extra 10 minutes. Reloading Model Manager (7/7) freezes two to four times, too, which took me again some extra minutes of my short life. More RAM does not affect anything.

Edit2:

Here is the Log: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fiat76yden1me60/fml-client-latest.log (Had to upload in MediaFire because pastebin only takes 512kb, because the file is 3.91mb big)

You have more 29 JVM flags, several affecting memory. Are all these really necessary?

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

It's almost like different mod packs have different system requirements and do different things!

1) It';s not forge's fault it's the mods/your computers

2) You're only allocating 3G of ram, and you're pegging that out before the coremods scan finishes, so you're slowing yourself down.

3) You have a lot of JVM args that futz with the GC which will cause it to be a lot slower then it should be.

So ya, nuke your JVM args, and give the process more RAM.

Nothing on our end.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Mojang changed a heap of internal stuff for 1.8 that changes the basic requirements for Minecraft, instead of running Vanilla with 500MB of RAM you need at least 800MB of RAM

Another example is the Pixelmon mod used to be fine with just 1GB of RAM allocated to Minecraft but as of 1.8 it barely loads without at least 1.5GB of RAM and optimally play the game at 2GB of RAM, this is not due to anything Pixelmon changed but Minecraft's minimum RAM requirements and graphical changes for better efficiency

TL;DR Minecraft 1.8+ takes longer to load cos you haven't updated your RAM allocation