[1.10.2] Respawn Blocks after 10-15min

terraya

You will have to somehow store the blocks broken... Maybe look at

BlockEvent.BreakEvent

and store the position / data of that block, and write it somewhere.

the thing is, the world is 790.000.000.000 Blocks big , so i dont think that i can save all that blocks and make them respawn

are players going to destroy said 790.000.000.000 blocks?

that keeps track of blocks broken.. not all blocks.

well i got a world which is that big, and ye, if there would be something live worldedit with a "WAND" which could

make it easyer it would be amazing but as i can see there is nothing,

becouse if i would have to safe ea. block manualy it would take ages ..

And Yes, its a "PVP" World where ppl can use "special devilfruits" which destroy much ... so i wanted to make

everything respawn after 10-15min :3

In which case I'd recommend making copies of the region files, and then every 15 minutes, restore them.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Is called file io. You don't need to know what's IN the files, you just need to copy them from one place to the other.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Is called file io. You don't need to know what's IN the files, you just need to copy them from one place to the other.

i cant find any specificated file called "io" :/ , here 2pictures from my "regions" there are alot and from the "Search" that i couldnt find anything :/

asd1mwpo4hx5c.png

unbenanntv8mp0z6asc.png

ok its an I = Input O = Output file ... but how shall i do that

i mean, i would make it respawn my "regions" on ea.15min he would reload the region,

but do the "Server itself" have a function which makes reload the regions or do i have to code an i/o function?

and if i have to code any i/o function, where shall i call it, in which section in my code etc :3

It's just standard file stuff.  Copy the originals somewhere safe on server startup (or whenever, you may want to make this happen once when a config value is true, then set the config value to false) and then every 15 minutes (use a TickEvent Handler and keep track of the time) copy the files back.  The next time the server loads the chunks, they'll be read from the file.  Already-loaded chunks might persist (particularly if something changes and the server saves afterwards) but long-term things will get reset.

It's just standard file stuff.  Copy the originals somewhere safe on server startup (or whenever, you may want to make this happen once when a config value is true, then set the config value to false) and then every 15 minutes (use a TickEvent Handler and keep track of the time) copy the files back.  The next time the server loads the chunks, they'll be read from the file.  Already-loaded chunks might persist (particularly if something changes and the server saves afterwards) but long-term things will get reset.

at the end, at 9266 regions, if i try to make them "reload" every 15min , the server will lag ...

so i think to restart the server every 2h with a function which reloads the "not destroyed world" is alright.

So make your timer tick off more often and only restore some of the files each time.