All set up! But how to actually get going?

intermediateuser

I'm all set up to begin!  My project window:

cZWD2HVDH.png

I can even click the green play button and have it launch Minecraft 1.11.  Awesome!  But, what now?  Where do I start writing my code so that Minecraft can recognize it as a mod?  I don't know which of these files to edit, or what files to create.

Note: I've made mods for Minecraft 1.5, but that was more than three years ago and things were different then...

The Getting Started Guide isn't too helpful, as it doesn't address how to actually get started once you've set up Eclipse.

Did you import build.gradle?

If so you should have a gradle window to the left. Then under Tasks should be forgegradle. Select setupDecompWorkspace and then genIntelliJRuns. Then at the top right at the drop down menu, then Edit config, after that go to Use classpath of module and point to your main folder.

edit: Whoops saw that was eclipse. Not IntelliJ...

edit2: Here this looks like a good set by step quick guide to getting you up and running, what kind of mod are you making?

edit2: Here this looks like a good set by step quick guide to getting you up and running, what kind of mod are you making?

Thanks for the reply!  But you didn't seem to include the link... haha

I'm trying to make a mod that adds a few mobs, some items, and changes the difficulty a bit, among other things.  I already have this mod working in Minecraft 1.5, but it's been about three years since I modded Minecraft so I'm trying to get back into it.