1.11 inventory capabilities working with crafting matrix?

Viesis

So I switched over to the capabilities system (totally awesome), and want to know if there is something special I had to do to use the IInventory interfaces with the IItemHandler?  I saw for the Container Slot(), Forge has the SlotItemHandler() to work with the capabilities.  I want to create a crafting table that stores the items put into it in the ItemStackHandler. Any starting points I should look at? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to save the items in your crafting matrix, you'd have to store them in a

TileEntity

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

I do have a tile entity made and working that can store items with the capabilities system. I just am not sure how to make my 3x3 slots that use the IItemHandler to the crafting result that seems to use IInventory (using the vanilla crafting table as my example).

You'd have to copy the logic from SlotCrafting over to a custom class extending

SlotItemHandler

, and adapt it to the

IItemHandler

code.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

I figured out my issue and am posting what I did to potentially help others.  You were right with the SlotItemHandler, but I used a different approach. Since my issue was with saving it to the capabilities storage, I decided to try and make it simple.  I was able to use the crafting matrix and the IInventory crafting result (used with the vanilla workbench), and created a extra load/save method.  When you click on my workbench now, it loads the items from the TileEntity inventory into the matrix, and when you close, it saves the item slots from the matrix back into the TileEntity inventory.  Nice and easy. I do appreciate the help.