Forge failing to load CustomMobSpawner

XanderCz

Hello,

my issue is that Forge keeps failing to load CustomMobSpawner(CMS) when I launch Minecraft. What it does is it actually loads it but drops it because it contains no mods.

Snippet from log:

2012-06-19 18:54:08 [FINE] Found a zip or jar file CustomMobSpawner 1.4.3.zip, attempting to load it

2012-06-19 18:54:08 [iNFO] File CustomMobSpawner 1.4.3.zip contained no mods

I've tried "injecting" the files into minecraft.jar but that did not help(also tried using MCPatcher but I believe that's the same as manually putting the files into the .jar file).

I've read on the minecraft forums that older version of Forge successfully loaded CMS but I can't say from my own experience.

Anyhow, here's my ModLoader.txt: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19096959/ModLoader.txt

and ForgeModLoader.log if it is of any use: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19096959/ForgeModLoader-0.log

Thanks guy, let me know if you need any more info on this.

CustomMobSpawners is not a mod, it is a API used by Mo'Creatures to make it's spawners. It won't load any mods from it, cuz none exist.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Look, I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't do that already.

I tried putting it in the "mods" folder like the readme says - that just gives me the "contains no mods" message. And as you pointed out, that's not anything out of the ordinary. If I try to manually put it into the minecraft.jar file, it doesn't do anything.

So I thought, since some older version of Forge apparently ran this thing, you guys would be able to help me. I'm asking for help, if you can't or don't know how to help me, then say so and I'll just go about my business.

Thank you

... If it has no damn mods

Why the hell do you expect it to load a mod?

Sticking it in the mods folder will add it to the class path

so that other mods can use it

You have yet to actually say anything thats a fucking error...

You're asking for help, when you have nothing wrong.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

Jeez, fine, sorry I was hoping for someone that would actually help me with a not working mod.

I said I'm trying to get "More Creeps and Weirdos" to work, and that this mod needs the MobSpawner. I can see the mod is loaded in the game but it doesn't spawn any of the mobs, and I tried fiddling with the options a bit, and restarting, and creating new worlds. And since I saw that in the log that it didn't load the MobSpawner I thought the problem was in Forge.

So, once again, sorry for not being super-knowledgeable about how Forge works. I guess I'll need to go look for help somewhere else.

EDIT: Because look at this -

I FINALLY fixed it, the problem is actually minecraft forge. The currecnt version isnt working with this mod for some reason. If you google minecraft forge 3.2.3 and download that it should fix everything. Posted Image

Cheers

That's from the minecraft forums. I mean, it was working at one point.

So...

You're saying that because one mod doesn't work

And another API says it has no mods

That Forge {yet again and separate party} is at fault?

You'll have to track down what Mo'Creeps and Weirdos is doing that is failing.

You mention Mo'Creeps once, and then immediately go back to harping that it's a Forge issue that CMS doesn't have a mod in it.

The spawning of creatures is controlled by the Mod, not by Forge.

Okay, bear with me here, maybe I'm just too stupid to correctly pinpoint the issue here but let me just explain my thought process on this.

I have two mods - Mo' Creatures and More Creeps and Weirdos. Mo' Creatures works, More Creeps and Weirdos doesn't. That one needs CustomMobSpawner to work, apparently, as the readme states. I start up a game, I see that More Creeps and Weirdos doesn't load, so I check the log and see that CMS didn't load because it's not a mod. Then when I check the minecraft forums, I see several other people are having the same problem as me, and apparently few people got it to work with and older version of Forge.

So with all this information that I've gathered, I thought the best place to go ask for help, is a Forge forum.

The whole leap of 'so I check the log and see that CMS didn't load because it's not a mod.' And then coming here saying that its a problem is a flaw in your logic.

What you should do is contact the Mo'Creeps author, tell him to try and debug it.

Looking more into the custom spawner, and a quick skim of how it should be used shows that Forge should work perfectly fine with it.

I personally wouldn't use it because of how it's designed, but ya.

It sounds like either the CMS or Mo'Creeps author is doing something incorrectly to cause entities to not spawn correctly.

Its a problem with there mod, and it should be up to them to track it down and debug it, like a good mod author should.

Aside from the fact that i've gotten quite a few reports from people I talk to on a daily biases that say that Mo'Creeps works just fine on the latest versions of Forge.

The issue I have is your refusal to accept the fact that what I say is true.

And the ' File CustomMobSpawner 1.4.3.zip contained no mods' is NOT the cause of the problem, and it is NOT a fucking issue.

On a side note, you should tell the Mo'Creeps author to stop using AudioMod and use Forge's audio hooks, so the user doesn't have to install the sounds into the resources folder, it should just be 'Put this zip in /mods'

Also, holy shit, tell him to fucking use proper packages, none of his crap should be in the default package.

The more I sit down and look at it, the more I think the More Creeps guy is insane...

He is registering all of his ITEMS as entities...

He would benefit from learning the proper ways to do things. Tell him to come on here and we can help

Found the issue it's this line:

if (minecraft.currentScreen != null) return false;

Its the MoreCreeps person being stupid. Exploiting a bug in ModLoader to do stupid stuff, this also doesn't take into account the plethora of other stupid stuff I see in his code.

Update: Use Forge build #142, should fix some issues related to ticking, and emulate some hackish things that some mods do {such as MoreCreeps}

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm merely trying to explain my reasoning as to why I came here, I think I explained it pretty well in my last post but you seem to have skipped some of the details but nevermind.

Thanks for the reply though, I'll take this to the mod creator then.

• 7 years later...

This is really late but i need help. So, I got the custom mob spawner for the mo creatures. Mo creatures works perfectly fine without it. I thought maybe it was because of the different mods i have. I took them all out besides mo creatures and CMS. Still didnt work. I got them from the actual webstite. And well here's the error thing-

Minecraft Version: 1.12.2
>     Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
>     Java Version: 1.8.0_231, Oracle Corporation
>     Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
>     Memory: 139183872 bytes (132 MB) / 311451648 bytes (297 MB) up to 3675521024 bytes (3505 MB)
>     JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xmn128M -Xmx3517M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
>     IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
>     FML: MCP 9.42 Powered by Forge 14.23.5.2847 7 mods loaded, 7 mods active
>     States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored

>     | State | ID                         | Version      | Source                              | Signature |
>     |:----- |:-------------------------- |:------------ |:----------------------------------- |:--------- |
>     | LCH   | minecraft                  | 1.12.2       | minecraft.jar                       | None      |
>     | LCH   | mcp                        | 9.42         | minecraft.jar                       | None      |
>     | LCH   | FML                        | 8.0.99.99    | forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2847.jar       | None      |
>     | LCH   | forge                      | 14.23.5.2847 | forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2847.jar       | None      |
>     | LCE   | customspawner              | 3.11.4       | CustomMobSpawner-3.11.4.jar         | None      |
>     | LC    | mocreatures                | 12.0.5       | DrZharks MoCreatures Mod-12.0.5.jar | None      |
>     | LC    | tlauncher_custom_cape_skin | 1.4          | tlskincape_1.12.2-1.4.jar           | None      |

>     Loaded coremods (and transformers): 
> TLSkinCapeHookLoader (tlskincape_1.12.2-1.4.jar)
>   gloomyfolken.hooklib.minecraft.PrimaryClassTransformer
>     GL info: ' Vendor: 'ATI Technologies Inc.' Version: '4.5.14008 Compatibility Profile Context 21.19.137.1' Renderer: 'AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics'
> [14:08:42] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [net.minecraft.init.Bootstrap:func_179870_a:553]: #@!@# Game crashed! Crash report saved to: #@!@# C:\Users\woody\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2019-11-24_14.08.42-client.txt
Here I am!
[VersionManager] Refreshing versions locally...
[VersionManager] Versions has been refreshed (38 ms)
[Launcher] Launcher exited.
[Launcher] Minecraft closed with exit code: -1
[Launcher] [Crash] Found crash report file: C:\Users\woody\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2019-11-24_14.08.42-client.txt
[Crash] Found crash report file: C:\Users\woody\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2019-11-24_14.08.42-client.txt

So can anyone help?

Triple whammy,

• Necromancy
  • Hijacking
  • Piracy

User was banned for Piracy

This is my Forum Signature, I am currently attempting to transform it into a small guide for fixing easier issues using spoiler blocks to keep things tidy.

As the most common issue I feel I should put this outside the main bulk:

The only official source for Forge is https://files.minecraftforge.net, and the only site I trust for getting mods is CurseForge.

If you use any site other than these, please take a look at the StopModReposts project and install their browser extension, I would also advise running a virus scan.

For players asking for assistance with Forge please expand the spoiler below and read the appropriate section(s) in its/their entirety.

Spoiler

Logs (Most issues require logs to diagnose):

Spoiler

Please post logs using one of the following sites (Thank you Lumber Wizard for the list):

https://gist.github.com/100MB Requires member (Free)

https://pastebin.com/: 512KB as guest, 10MB as Pro ($$$)

https://hastebin.com/: 400KB

Do NOT use sites like Mediafire, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, or a site that has a countdown before offering downloads.

What to provide:

...for Crashes and Runtime issues:

Minecraft 1.14.4 and newer:

Post debug.log

Older versions:

Please update...

...for Installer Issues:

Post your installer log, found in the same place you ran the installer

This log will be called either installer.log or named the same as the installer but with .log on the end

Note for Windows users:

Windows hides file extensions by default so the installer may appear without the .jar extension then when the .log is added the log will appear with the .jar extension

Where to get it:

Mojang Launcher: When using the Mojang launcher debug.log is found in .minecraft\logs.

Curse/Overwolf: If you are using the Curse Launcher, their configurations break Forge's log settings, fortunately there is an easier workaround than I originally thought, this works even with Curse's installation of the Minecraft launcher as long as it is not launched THROUGH Twitch:

Spoiler
  1. Make sure you have the correct version of Forge installed (some packs are heavily dependent on one specific build of Forge)
  2. Make a launcher profile targeting this version of Forge.
  3. Set the launcher profile's GameDir property to the pack's instance folder (not the instances folder, the folder that has the pack's name on it).
  4. Now launch the pack through that profile and follow the "Mojang Launcher" instructions above.

Video:

Spoiler

or alternately, 

Fallback ("No logs are generated"):

If you don't see logs generated in the usual place, provide the launcher_log.txt from .minecraft

Server Not Starting:

Spoiler

If your server does not start or a command window appears and immediately goes away, run the jar manually and provide the output.

Reporting Illegal/Inappropriate Adfocus Ads:

Spoiler

Get a screenshot of the URL bar or copy/paste the whole URL into a thread on the General Discussion board with a description of the Ad.

Lex will need the Ad ID contained in that URL to report it to Adfocus' support team.

Posting your mod as a GitHub Repo:

Spoiler

When you have an issue with your mod the most helpful thing you can do when asking for help is to provide your code to those helping you. The most convenient way to do this is via GitHub or another source control hub.

When setting up a GitHub Repo it might seem easy to just upload everything, however this method has the potential for mistakes that could lead to trouble later on, it is recommended to use a Git client or to get comfortable with the Git command line. The following instructions will use the Git Command Line and as such they assume you already have it installed and that you have created a repository.

1. Open a command prompt (CMD, Powershell, Terminal, etc).
  2. Navigate to the folder you extracted Forge’s MDK to (the one that had all the licenses in).
  3. Run the following commands:
    1. git init
    2. git remote add origin [Your Repository's URL]
      • In the case of GitHub it should look like: https://GitHub.com/[Your Username]/[Repo Name].git
    3. git fetch
    4. git checkout --track origin/master
    5. git stage *
    6. git commit -m "[Your commit message]"
    7. git push
  4. Navigate to GitHub and you should now see most of the files.
    • note that it is intentional that some are not synced with GitHub and this is done with the (hidden) .gitignore file that Forge’s MDK has provided (hence the strictness on which folder git init is run from)
  5. Now you can share your GitHub link with those who you are asking for help.

[Workaround line, please ignore]