Making a mob with attack patterns

darthvader45

I'm working on making a miniboss mob based on the Minecraft Forums Temple Guardian suggestion by DINGO_WINTERWOLF.  It is a golden golem that spawns in desert temples, and works as follows:

It stays in place and inert until a player walks within its line of sight(within 10 blocks of it), then it activates and attacks.  It will also activate if any chests within 20 blocks are opened (it will not use an overlay until it attacks, then its eyes will become blue and its inscriptions will light up).  It has three main attacks:

It moves towards the player very slowly, attempts to melee hit them 3 times, each time raising its arms for a moment, then slamming them down, giving the player about a half second to get away.

-After that, Its jaw will drop, the Eyes Glow Red (it uses the red overlay texture for this) and it will charge the player, making a low Roar as it attacks. This sprint can only be stopped by a wall (of at LEAST 2m tall) OR if the golem has charged for a distance of 10 blocks, causing a sort of bull fighter effect.

(Anything weaker than blast resistance 30 EXCEPT for sandstone/sandstone variants will be broken on impact. stones/sandstone will show damage cracks but never break from impact.)

-Finally, After it has come to a stop, It will look at the player, after a few seconds will shoot a beam from its mouth in a horizontal line with the player in the midpoint, causing a sort of sweep attack from left to right. (This laser will be able to break the same blockset as the charge attack, igniting any Mob/Player in its path as well as any blocks it comes in contact with. The point of this is to clear out possible barricades the player has built around it, or used to hide.)

Good for you. Now so you actually have a question or issue?

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Hmm, that would be good.  Is there a tutorial for this? First off, the initial waking up.  Thanks to your response, I could do a check to see if the player is 10 blocks away from it, then the blue overlay comes up and it is aggro-d.  Movement speed is simple enough.  Then I check if the player is 6 blocks away, increases its speed, then it moves towards the player at this speed until it either hits a wall (check for collision or check if it traveled 10 blocks).  This would be accompanied by a special method that translates the jaw cube downward 1 pixel to show the mouth open.

The laser attack would be the hard part.  How would I get it to do a sweep from left to right, centered on the player?  I could have it spawn redstone particles from its mouth for 4-5 blocks, with a check to see if the player is touching the particles and have them take 2 hearts of damage plus igniting them.

Hmm, that would be good.  Is there a tutorial for this? First off, the initial waking up.  Thanks to your response, I could do a check to see if the player is 10 blocks away from it, then the blue overlay comes up and it is aggro-d.  Movement speed is simple enough.  Then I check if the player is 6 blocks away, increases its speed, then it moves towards the player at this speed until it either hits a wall (check for collision or check if it traveled 10 blocks).  This would be accompanied by a special method that translates the jaw cube downward 1 pixel to show the mouth open.

The laser attack would be the hard part.  How would I get it to do a sweep from left to right, centered on the player?  I could have it spawn redstone particles from its mouth for 4-5 blocks, with a check to see if the player is touching the particles and have them take 2 hearts of damage plus igniting them.

You could also make another entity that is rendered as a proper laser. And damage the player when it comes into contact with it.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.