[1.10.2] My first mod

DiamondCreeper_

I am trying to make a mod in 1.10.2 so players can craft spawn eggs (e.g. Creeper spawn egg) based on the items of what that specific mob drops or what the specific mob is made of. (e.g. gunpowder, tnt) However, whenever i try to craft the spawn egg i get a spawn egg labeled "Spawn". and it's colorless. i right click and it doesn't do anything. i am using MCreator 1.7.0 to make this mod. can you please help me with this?

I call it the "Craftable Spawn Eggs Mod"

but how do i learn java? i program...BUT I'M NOT THAT ADVANCED IN CODING!!!!!!!!!

http://www.learnjavaonline.org/

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I am trying to make a mod in 1.10.2 so players can craft spawn eggs (e.g. Creeper spawn egg) based on the items of what that specific mob drops or what the specific mob is made of. (e.g. gunpowder, tnt) However, whenever i try to craft the spawn egg i get a spawn egg labeled "Spawn". and it's colorless. i right click and it doesn't do anything. i am using MCreator 1.7.0 to make this mod. can you please help me with this?

I call it the "Craftable Spawn Eggs Mod"

My suggestion is that you look up a video tutorial for modding minecraft and if you don't undestand something about the syntax or a specific subject you look it up at a Java tutorial. There's no point in reading only the Java tutorials and then jump to Minecraft as you may read things you don't need and skip things you really do.

You may not be that advanced in coding, but that doesn't mean you need to resort to unreliable sources that tend to rather be poop.

use the full force, use forge, try to look up an Item tutorial on youtube or the interwebs, learn about metadata for minecraft items. come back whenever with questions.

good luck !

how do i learn java? i program...BUT I'M NOT THAT ADVANCED IN CODING

Then you should write a plan. First learn structured programming in any language. Then learn object-oriented programming in any language. Then latch onto a good online Java tutorial and follow it until you can rewrite your last O-O exercise in Java. Then go to Forge's "Getting Started" tutorial. Your first mod should be dirt simple. Literally... add a new form of dirt block to the game that is somehow different from podzol, normal or coarse.

When you get stuck, try again to get as much info as possible and then ask for help. When asking for help, give as much info as possible. Never use the phrase "doesn't work". Instead, say what you expected and what you saw instead. If your sticking point includes a crash, always post or link to the crash log. If you don't crash, it's usually helpful to include the log file (not console output). Add as much of your code as might be relevant.

All large texts (logs and source files) should be encapsulated in code or spoiler tags.

In the case of your spawn egg mod, you should give us the complete class (in tags of course) where the recipes are defined.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.