[1.9.4] Overriding the EntityPlayer class.

Legoboy0109

I'm working on a mod that lets you "upgrade" yourself, and I was trying to figure out how I would override the EntityPlayer, but only add stuff to it, like shapeshifting, and adding textures to the player that arent't armor. If anyone knows how to do this I would love to learn, it's just a little complicated to try and do it on my own.

Thanks,

Legoboy0109

If you're going to be salty, just take a listen.

I'm working on a mod that lets you "upgrade" yourself, and I was trying to figure out how I would override the EntityPlayer, but only add stuff to it, like shapeshifting, and adding textures to the player that arent't armor. If anyone knows how to do this I would love to learn, it's just a little complicated to try and do it on my own.

Thanks,

Legoboy0109

You would not override the EntityPlayer class you would need to use Capabilities and subscribe to the RenderPlayerEvent.Pre (i think it would be Pre) and override the rendering there.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

You can't replace vanilla classes, the whole point of Forge is that mods don't need to modify the vanilla code.

You should use the Capability system to store the player's upgrades.

To render additional things on the player, you can add a

LayerRenderer

to the

RenderPlayer

instances. To completely replace the player model (for shapeshifting), subscribe to

RenderPlayerEvent.Pre

, cancel it and render your own model.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.