[1.9] Spawn a custom mob in villages

WorldsEnder

I want to spawn my custom mob in every village on the map, similar to how normal villagers are spawned. I have tried to look for a hook, but have not found a satisfying one. I am thinking about a quest-giver like entity with his own hut.

Here's what I thought about:

1. Could you add your own StructureComponent to the village? This would be most favorable as I would also be able to spawn the house for the mob

2. If not 1, can you at least reliably react after a village has been populated to ship your own mob?

I want to spawn my custom mob in every village on the map, similar to how normal villagers are spawned. I have tried to look for a hook, but have not found a satisfying one. I am thinking about a quest-giver like entity with his own hut.

Here's what I thought about:

1. Could you add your own StructureComponent to the village? This would be most favorable as I would also be able to spawn the house for the mob

2. If not 1, can you at least reliably react after a village has been populated to ship your own mob?

Call VillageRegistry#addExtraVillageComponents(...) Which takes in a list of StructureVillagePieces#PieceWeight which takes in a StructureVillagePieces#Village which has a spawnVillagers method inside of it. This will allow you to add to the structure of villages and spawn in your Entity.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.