[Solved] Looking to get back into Minecraft Modding

WARDOGSK93

So im looking to get back into Minecraft Modding but dont know how to setup my build.gradle files

Want to layout my workspace like below, I havnt used gradle ever (I left Minecraft Modding just after gradle was added, between 1.6.4 and 1.7.10)

If anyone watches iChun's Dev streams (if he even still does them) this layout is kinda like how his is

Anyone know of a good tutorial or way that will make gradle set up my workspace how I want it

--------------------------------------------------------------

Workspace -¬

CoreMod -¬

Can have deps that children can access

Src/Main/Java_Resources -¬

Mod A -¬

Requires Core Mod

Mod B -¬

Requires Core Mod

Mod C (Mainly for testing if a API / Impl works) -¬

Requires Core Mod

Requires Mod A

Run -¬

Clients / Servers run from here (Layout eg: 'Run/saves')

--------------------------------------------------------------

Basic setup: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=14048.0

One workspace == one project. One project != one mod.

So yeah, you can have many packages and classes with @Mod annotation (making your project have multiple mods), but when you compile it (build), you will have to either make Jars on your own or write script to do so (for such help you will probably need to look into gradle itself - there are help forums/tutorials I guess).

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

So yeah, you can have many packages and classes with @Mod annotation (making your project have multiple mods), but when you compile it (build), you will have to either make Jars on your own or write script to do so (for such help you will probably need to look into gradle itself - there are help forums/tutorials I guess).

Ive looked at that and i dont rly want to run 'gradle setupDevWorkspace' in all my mod folders, main reason why im making this post :P

isnt there any way using the 'dependencies {}' part of the 'build.gradle' file to make it depend on my 'CoreMod'? (if there is I would just do the same to make 'Mod C' depend on 'Mod A' right?)

thats not what you think is a 'CoreMod' its what all my mods require like 'iChunUtil' 'CoFHCore' 'CodeChickenLib' etc but ye I guess calling it a CoreMod is wrong, no base Minecraft edits

That's effectively a library mod.  "Coremod" has a specific meaning.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Ive looked at that and i dont rly want to run 'gradle setupDevWorkspace' in all my mod folders, main reason why im making this post :P

isnt there any way using the 'dependencies {}' part of the 'build.gradle' file to make it depend on my 'CoreMod'? (if there is I would just do the same to make 'Mod C' depend on 'Mod A' right?)

build.gradle

This goes in the @Mod annotation

mcmod.info

I assume you mean like that?

After abit of google'ing i got my build.gradle file to do what i want :D

(mix of old gradle fiiles before i quit modding and what i just searched)

Gradle files

This sets up my workspace fully for me :D all in 1 build.gradle file, all mods depend on forge stuff and my 'Core' mod

*Please note i tested this on 1.7.10 since that was the last version i modded and want to try it with something im some what familiar with*

build.gradle

This goes in the @Mod annotation

mcmod.info

I assume you mean like that?

Thanks i was also about to ask how does one do dependencies again in @Mod ;)