[Paused] [1.8.9] How to detect if item is in inventory, then remove it?

FireController1847

Any specific slot? Players hand? And input would be using a KeyHandler and possibly the KeyInputEvent

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Do you have access to a EntityPlayer variable? If so there is a thing called inventory in there.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

I have access to the EntityPlayerSP variable. What for inventory would I use to search for an item?

First EntityPlayerSP is not a variable you can use, you will need to send packets. This is a link to Diesieben07's tutorial on Packets.

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=20135.0

is there a reason why I'd have to do this? I am very easily able to get the itemstack on the inventory using this...

Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.inventory.mainInventory

That is an item stack list

EDIT:

When I do print System.out.println(player.inventory.mainInventory[5]); to console, it outputs ...

1xtile.lightgem@0

When I print out ItemStack testItem = new ItemStack(Blocks.glowstone);, it outputs ...

1xtile.lightgem@0

Yet the if-statment I have given it doesn't work?

final EntityPlayerSP player = Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer;

ItemStack testItem = new ItemStack(Blocks.glowstone);

System.out.println(player.inventory.mainInventory[5]);
	System.out.println(testItem);

if (player.inventory.mainInventory[5] == testItem) {
		System.out.println("HE HAS IT");
	} else {
		System.out.println("It ain't glowstone");
	}

Full Output:

[19:25:30] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDOUT]: [com.fire.cdmbloxread.apps.ApplicationBloxRead:init:36]: 1xtile.lightgem@0
[19:25:30] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDOUT]: [com.fire.cdmbloxread.apps.ApplicationBloxRead:init:37]: 1xtile.lightgem@0
[19:25:30] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDOUT]: [com.fire.cdmbloxread.apps.ApplicationBloxRead:init:42]: It ain't glowstone

I am on my journey of making a remake of matmos, as explained here.

is there a reason why I'd have to do this? I am very easily able to get the itemstack on the inventory using this...

Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.inventory.mainInventory

That is client side you can grab what there is client side and modify it, but since all data is saved and should be modified on the server. It will just be overriden by the server. Thus a packet is required.