Mod Suddenly Errors Porting to 1.9.4

Heltrato

Hi Guys so im back asking for a guide and advice again from porting my mod to 1.9.4. (SOON 1.10)

So this is what happen im at 80% nearly done in porting my mod. Then suddenly when i return home i open eclipse i got lots of errors! its like it booms to 3000++.

The thing is its not in the codes but there is red underlines on packages and imports..

Now i feel like im screw

What i did is reinstall everything. but still gg.

Worst part my project is git.. So i start from master branch which is at 1.7.10 and switch to 1.9 i usually do gradlew eclipse , setupDecompWorkspace and allwill be fine but no it booms to 6000 :(

Hi

The steps I used to port my mod (on github) to a higher version:

1) create a new branch on github

2) use git to fetch your new branch into a new directory.  It should have the gradle files, gradle folder, and the source and assets folders, none of the other folders like "run", "out", etc.  This example project shows a setup that works for a fresh install

https://github.com/TheGreyGhost/MinecraftByExample

3) update the build.gradle to have the correct version of forge in it, i.e. this section

minecraft {
    version = "1.10.2-12.18.1.2011"
    runDir = "run"

// the mappings can be changed at any time, and must be in the following format.
    // snapshot_YYYYMMDD   snapshot are built nightly.
    // stable_#            stables are built at the discretion of the MCP team.
    // Use non-default mappings at your own risk. they may not allways work.
    // simply re-run your setup task after changing the mappings to update your workspace.
    mappings = "snapshot_20160518"
    // makeObfSourceJar = false // an Srg named sources jar is made by default. uncomment this to disable.
}

4) gradlew setupDecompWorkspace idea  (or in your case gradlew setupDecompWorkspace eclipse)

5) Open the generated project

and that's it.

If that gives you trouble, I have found it sometimes helps to do this first:

a) download the forge MDK for the target version

b) install it into a blank directory (eg "forgetest1-9-4")

c) gradlew setupDecompWorkspace idea

d) Perform steps 1 - 2 above, copy the build.gradle, gradlew, gradlew.bat, gradle/wrapper into your mod's directory (overwriting the existing)

e) perform steps 4 and 5

f) modify build.gradle to put your mod details back in (version number and name)

-TGG