LivingDeathEvent not firing on servers?

Jongh

So I'm trying to make a little stat indicator that shows kills and deaths stats in the corner.

But it doesn't work on servers, only on singleplayer.

I have some other listeners registered and they are all working on the server.

Here is the eventhandler class, I have it subscribed to Forge event bus and everything: https://gist.github.com/hjongh/6271c57ad26a4940f92714f0ff51cb9c

I was thinking that maybe this LivingDeathEvent is done only on server and client cannot access or something? For security/privacy reasons.

Minecraft

is a client-only class, you can't access it from common code.

There is no "the player" on the server, there are multiple players. Which one are you tracking the stats of?

Don't compare players by name, compare them by UUID.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

I now pass the eventhandler class a reference to Minecraft from the Main class in its Constructor.

Also I should have said but this is a mod, not a plugin.

I tested it and it still doesn't work. The functionality works in singleplayer. I also have other listeners that are functioning in both singleplayer and on a server. But just this listener's code doesn't work on a server.

Ok so I tried hardcoding the player checking, just to test it, and it still doesn't work.

https://gist.github.com/hjongh/b7139e7d016b3737a08effb810bc0e05

The mod functionality works when I'm in Singleplayer, so there isn't an issue with the player's name being returned in some weird format. It just doesn't work when I go on a server.

Also I'm testing it by building it each time and running it with my actual Minecraft.