[1.9.4] How to put gloss on the block?

daebloid2

Hello , for some time I'm trying to put gloss on my block as well as quartzore From AE and Xychorium pray the Xycraft ,

What do I want to know is how can I put gloss on my block in a simple way , since I am very new in creating mods .

thank you: 3

Sorry bad English hair, I 'm from Brazil :3

Ok, that's not gloss. That's full bright.

This is gloss:

width=85 height=85http://www.acegikmo.com/shaderforge/images/web/maininputs/main_input_gloss.gif[/img]

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

is there any way to get bright light without issue ?

I don't understand what you're asking.

Do you mean "Is there any way to render a fullbright model without making the block emit light?"? I don't think it's possible with a baked model, but it's probably possible if you use a

TileEntitySpecialRenderer

. I don't know enough about OpenGL to help you with that.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

is there any way to get bright light without issue ?

I don't understand what you're asking.

Do you mean "Is there any way to render a fullbright model without making the block emit light?"? I don't think it's possible with a baked model, but it's probably possible if you use a

TileEntitySpecialRenderer

. I don't know enough about OpenGL to help you with that.

I do not understand entity tile , and almost anything OpenGL, Thanks I already have where to start  :D

Minecraft uses both standard OpenGL light, as well as a lightmap to control brightness.

Try doing

GL11.glPushMatrix();
GL11.glDisable(GL11.GL_LIGHTING);
OpenGlHelper.setLightmapTextureCoords(OpenGlHelper.lightmapTexUnit, 240f, 240f);

---Render what you want---

GL11.glEnable(GL11.GL_LIGHTING);
GL11.glPopMatrix();

Haven't done anything with OpenGL since 1.7.10, but all of these methods still exist in 1.10.2 at least, so they should get you going :)

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

Minecraft uses both standard OpenGL light, as well as a lightmap to control brightness.

Try doing

GL11.glPushMatrix();
GL11.glDisable(GL11.GL_LIGHTING);
OpenGlHelper.setLightmapTextureCoords(OpenGlHelper.lightmapTexUnit, 240f, 240f);

---Render what you want---

GL11.glEnable(GL11.GL_LIGHTING);
GL11.glPopMatrix();

Haven't done anything with OpenGL since 1.7.10, but all of these methods still exist in 1.10.2 at least, so they should get you going :)

What should I put in "--- render you want --- " ?

I really no idea :(

I believe you are asking for certain parts of the ore to not grow dim in the dark, similar to spider/enderman/dragon eyes

Try looking up the render class for those entities.

IE Enderman has 2 texture files

enderman.png

enderman_eyes.png

If you look at the pngs you'll notice the enderman.png has all teh texture of the body, but the eyes are left transparent. And the eyes.png is nearly 100% transparent save where the eyes are, which are purple.

Minecraft layers these two pngs on top of each other with separate render passes. When it renders the eyes, it uses the BL blending to make them disregard lighting and appear to be 100% bright at all times, even if the monster is in the dark.

The function that makes the eyes "glow in the dark" is

GlStateManager.enableBlend();

You'll find how to use this in LayerEndermanEyes.class

At least this is how it is in 1.8, I don't believe much changed to 1.9.4, I could be wrong though.

PS this is entity rendering not block rendering, so you will need to make a tileentity special renderer to render your block as an entity. Google around for that, it isn't super difficult.

You could send a code as an example ?