[1.9.4] updating tesr's from 1.7.10 to 1.9.4

salvestrom

I've got two issues here. Today I read the below link, written for 1.8. It eventually states that Forge provides no means to use tesrs as their own item blocks. Is this correct still as of 1.9.4? I'm assuming then, that I need to do something like a door, where the itemblock is a 2d texture.

http://bedrockminer.jimdo.com/modding-tutorials/advanced-modding/tile-entity-special-renderer/

my other issue is the game is throwing up model loader exceptions trying to find the non-existant blockstate files, which is handled by the tileEntityRenderer. i've used a custom state mapper before, but have no idea how to set it to ignore the whole lot. ive also been looking into the "builtin" method used to register all the vanilla games tesrs in the BlockModelShape class, but nothing i tried had any affect.

8bxO0VZ.png

From this image, I'm only attempting to update the dinosaur skull; the others are awaiting the outcome of this conversation. I realise that the alter block, particularly, can be easily converted to json, since its just a 14x14 block hovering off the ground, with no attached meta (i had half a plan to  make it a furnace type block but that wasn't essential to the mod).

The brazier is a complex model with a lit and unlit state that's still handled in the 1.7.10 fashion.

The other tesrs have 16 rotation points, but no animation and dont change once placed. none of these are particular common in the mod - the tyrant skull will only naturally exist once per game world.

FYI, door (item) and door (block) aren't actually related, iirc (I know cake, red stone, and reeds aren't).

That is, those items are not ItemBlocks, they are items that when used, or a block into the world.

What you should do is create an item model for your blocks that is used for the inventory varient and specified in the block state json file.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

yeah, im okay with the door functionality for something like the book. the small skull and altar can be converted easily to json, i think. the remaining tesrs ill look into recreating with an obj. wavefront seems to have come up alot. ive been considering animating the altar, having it bob about, but i'd rather finish the conversion to 1.9.4 first.

i agree that techne is/was hell on earth for building an entity model. when it came time to export due to the apparent bugginess of the inbuilt child model stuff, it was preferable to set childs post-export which was quite the fiddly task. but it got the job done and was definitely off minecraft.

i found a post that said toolbox2.0 can import techne and export obj. others may find this useful while transitioning.