Item with multiple textures for different metadata values only renders first one

randomdude999

I have an item that is supposed to have different textures based on its metadata values. However, it only ever renders the first texture (For others, it renders the purple-black squares). Note that when I set the texture for the second metadata value to the same one as the first one, it shows the texture of the first one. I think it hints to the fact that the other textures are not loaded, but I do not know how to load them.

I register the textures using ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation (during the preInit phase) with the resource location being a ModelResourceLocation that I pass 2 strings, the first one is "<modid>:<model>" and the second one is "inventory". I have set the item's hasSubtypes, MaxDamage, getUnlocalizedName (which returns a different string based on the item's metadata) and getSubItems.

EDIT: Now that I started retyping my code, I found a completely unrelated bug in my code. That fixed the issue. (For others: don't register 1 state of your item twice.)