How to get setRegistryName registration class of the class unit / subject?

dumplings in cutlet

I ask setRegistryName in the constructor of my unit, but I can not use the name to register in a class in which I register blocks. Even if I set the name to register in the class registration, I can not use it.

public static Block CACHE_WALL = new BlockCacheWall().setRegistryName("cache_wall");

public static void GameRegistry() {
       GameRegistry.register(cache_wall); //then an error
   }

In the code you posted, you're declaring a field called

CACHE_WALL

and then using a different variable called

cache_wall

Please post your actual code and the error(s), not artificial snippets.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

login name? What they are saying is that you are trying to register a variable that doesn't exist. Instead of cache_wall use CACHE_WALL in your register method and as I stated before your need to register an ItemBlock as well as the Block.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

When you call register you pass the block that already has a registered name it is probably better to write the name lower case.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

You have an instance of a block. Let's call it BLOCK. You set the registry-name of BLOCK to NAME.

You do not register BLOCK by passing NAME, but by passing BLOCK itself.

It should be done like this:

public static Block BLOCK = new Block----().setRegistryName(NAME);

public static void GameRegistry() {
       GameRegistry.register(BLOCK);
   }

Switch out BLOCK for whatever you call that instance, replace Block---- with whatever the class of the block is called, and replace NAME with the string you want.

In your code, you are telling the registry to register something, of which it only has the name of. It's kind of like asking someone to read a book to you, now, but only stating the books name.

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.