Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mean

builtin/generated

or

item/generated

builtin/generated

is the base 2D-style model,

item/generated

extends this and defines the standard display transformations. Most basic item models extend

item/generated

item/handheld

extends

item/generated

and redefines the first/third-person display transformations to change how the item renders when held by an entity. Vanilla tool models extend this.

I only need it for GUIs. I guess both works in that case

I tried to do something similar but it started to become too "hackey"

It is indeed annoying. I have to rewrite half of the mod (probably more) that I'm trying to update. But at least that means it will be done properly this time...

On obj:

I tried this the other week, to display a triangular prism (block cut in half diagonally) and I could not specify UV coordinates such that the triangular face displayed the way I wanted (that is, not distorted). Heck, the example on the Read the Docs (is that where I saw it?) had a standard obj file shown with all the vt lines commented out!

Both of my attempts to leave them in resulted in parsing errors.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

My main/final model consists out of multiple ModelParts that I load from .obj files. How do I join them into one Model? Should I just return the Quads of all sub-models in the getQuads() method of my baked main model?

Also, what does the bakedTextureGetter have to look like when I bake my OBJModels?

Ok. The problem is that I have multiple skins (paintjobs) for models. Is it possible that I just change the OBJModel.Parser::materialLibrary before I call parse() and thereby create Models for each skin-variant?

These are the only "errors" i get

[13:46:36] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: OBJModel: A color has already been defined for material 'material0' in 'flansmod:models/item/test1/capsule.mtl'. The color defined by key 'Ks' will not be applied!

[13:46:36] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: OBJLoader.MaterialLibrary: key 'illum' (model: 'flansmod:models/item/test1/capsule.mtl') is not currently supported, skipping

[13:46:36] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: OBJLoader.MaterialLibrary: key 'Ns' (model: 'flansmod:models/item/test1/capsule.mtl') is not currently supported, skipping

newmtl material0
Ka 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
Kd 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
Ks 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
Tr 1.000000
illum 1
Ns 0.000000
map_Kd capsule0.jpg

Maybe I have to refer to the mtllib and the jpg in the mtllib like a ResourceLocation? Currently they are all in the same directory

The OBJ loader does not support UV coords outside of [0..1], for obvious reasons. Texture wrapping cannot be supported, since the textures are all stitched onto the main texture sheet.

The UVs I wanted were all 0 or 1. The problem was that I wanted to use:

And the default (no UVs specified) was:

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

The debugger says it's contained in the textures Set... Also now I get this error:

The following other errors were reported for domain flansmod:

-------------------------

Problem: broken aspect ratio and not an animation

textures/capsule0.png

==================================================

What aspect ratio is a texture allowed to have?

Indeed.

BakedQuad

is immutable. Well, it's not really, since Java does not have immutable arrays, but... don't change it.

Ostensibly even if it did, you could probably still change it.

http://codegolf.stackexchange.com/a/28818

Ostensibly even if it did, you could probably still change it.

http://codegolf.stackexchange.com/a/28818

Stuff like this is going away in Java 9.

That's probably a good thing, but it still amuses me.

This is my most favorite question, I think:

http://codegolf.stackexchange.com/questions/61115/make-your-language-unusable

The Java solution "redirects stdin and stdout to null streams and replaces args with an empty array. Also uses enormous amounts of reflection hacks to make sure the standard IO is truly hidden. Finally, it sets a security manager to make sure the standard IO can't be recreated and that makes sure programs can't set the exit code."