[SOLVED][1.7.10] HUD Element Issues

Izzy Axel

So, I made gauges for displaying how much mana a player has.  It's supposed to normally be very transparent, become opaque when mana is used or received, then fade out to transparent after a few seconds of inactivity.  What's happening is, its invisible when inactive and fades to invisible too.  I thought it might have been an issue syncing the alpha EEP values to the client, but printing them shows it stopping at 0.1d, so I'm at a loss here.

https://gist.github.com/izzyaxel/1bf5db34c24dc879455b53e0ad198e43

I wouldn't use IEEP to store the alpha values or focus time (unless you really need to save it between sessions... but most games the HUD elements reset to default when you reload) - all of that stuff is explicitly for rendering purposes, so you can store it directly in the HUD class.

As far as the issue itself, have you tried using different alpha values as the stopping point, such as 0.5F instead of 0.1F?

Alpha values of...if I recall correctly, 0.12 and below are all treated as 0.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Oh ok, I guess I assumed if I stored the values in the Class<extends Gui> it would act like an item/block singleton and those values would be used for every player lol

That's rather odd, because if I use RenderGameOverlayEvent.ElementType.HOTBAR, and have an item in the hotbar, 0.1d works just fine, it defaults to transparent and fades to transparent, but the thing with using HOTBAR is, if I have no item, or an item in the hotbar has durability, or a block in it, the HUD starts and fades to invisible.

That said, 0.13d works, and that makes the HOTBAR situation confusing. :S

Oh ok, I guess I assumed if I stored the values in the Class<extends Gui> it would act like an item/block singleton and those values would be used for every player lol

That would be the case on the server, but GUIs are client-side only, and there is only ever one player per client ;)

I'm not sure about the hotbar situation - perhaps the hotbar has a backup or override in cases where the alpha value is too low?