Why am I only getting 0-5 FPS?

an_awsome_person

When I try to run my Forge project, I only get 0-5 FPS no matter what I do in the video settings. This used to be the case with regular Minecraft, but I fixed it by having Minecraft use 32-bit Java. I tried changing my entire computer to 32-bit, but it didn't seem to do anything.

If people call you garbage, don't let them stop you from doing great things. It's called a garbage can, not a garbage can't.

The debugger can be very slow, especially with breakpoints set on the client side. Just ignore the FPS until you get a compiled mod running in a real client-server setup. If your FPS is still slow after compilation, then you might have some IPC issues and will need to show us what you've invented that abuses the network.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.