Why update?

Zane49er

Why would I update from 1.7.10 to 1.10? There is almost no documentation that I can see for forge, and many tutorials are for 1.7.10. also, many popular mods are still behind, so to be in a modpack it is safer to use it, and I have a hard time understanding what was and wasn't changed. I would really like to update so I can use an up-to-date server, but other than that, I see no advantages.

Lord Volkihar has requested that I send the following message to everyone who is gifted, intellectually or artistically:

We hope that some people could help us share an epic tale of lord Volkihar's achievements and magnificent life. we plan to do this through modern media such as books, games, and mods.

For lost details, we are looking for around 5 gallons of Cortexiphan, and some N.Z.T.(around 50 pills) also, if you happen to know how to create a gel with the same density as human flesh, but low viscosity and adhesion, recipes would be appreciated.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

And now I wonder if you just copied my caption or actually went to d7 post history and dug that up. xD

As to thread:

33198f39e806e8dd1958d1788932133f.jpg

There is so much changes between those two (1.7, 1.9+) that listing them will be waste of anyones time. I will just say that in IT world new = better. Aside from that everyone who thinks "I will not update because other don't" is literally the cause of all those outdated mods. Not updating = laziness (not counting special cases), so instead of waiting for others, just update yours and force other to go along, otherwise we will have never-ending wheel of retards.

If you want to read about million lines of changes - go ahead to changelog :)

P.S: As someone who is modding since like... 1.6 beta, trust me - 1.8+ is best update modder could wish for, 1.9+ is heaven for rendering/models (they were messy in 1.8 ).

I am going to update, and this might be a bad place to put this, but I have already come across a huge issue: items are not loading their textures or models. based on what's in the console, it seems like the client side's initialization was never even run. I am using 1.10.2, and my code can be seen here: http://pastebin.com/jLTbSzW7

I figured it out, and fixed it, I am just an idiot who forgot to put proxy.init(); in initialization.  :)

Lord Volkihar has requested that I send the following message to everyone who is gifted, intellectually or artistically:

We hope that some people could help us share an epic tale of lord Volkihar's achievements and magnificent life. we plan to do this through modern media such as books, games, and mods.

For lost details, we are looking for around 5 gallons of Cortexiphan, and some N.Z.T.(around 50 pills) also, if you happen to know how to create a gel with the same density as human flesh, but low viscosity and adhesion, recipes would be appreciated.

First you never call your proxy's init, which should be preInit for registering renders

Second your setRegistryName doesn't have your ModID, there's an overload of setRegistryName(String, String) where the first string is your modid and the second is the item unique name

Third, stop using getUnlocalizedName to set the renderer name, the whole registry name thing is there to stop people from using it.

Lastly, instead of calling itemModelMesher.register, you should actually call ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation

Edit: I almost forgot you must set your client-only methods in client-only classes like your proxy. Either that or set the "renders" and the "registerRender" methods as @Sideonly(Side.CLIENT)

Second your setRegistryName doesn't have your ModID, there's an overload of setRegistryName(String, String) where the first string is your modid and the second is the item unique name

IForgeRegistryEntry.Impl#setRegistryName(java.lang.String)

will automatically prefix the specified name with your mod ID.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

IForgeRegistryEntry.Impl#setRegistryName(java.lang.String)

will automatically prefix the specified name with your mod ID.

Funny thing I actually looked at that code before and saw that but somehow because the variable was mc for ModContainer I assumed it was a Minecraft

The proxy init was the thing that I fixed, but I will look into that other stuff, thanks for suggestions.

I would also like to see compelling reasons for updating.  I'm not doubting they exist.  Nor have I bothered researching it yet.

As I stands I choose to start with 1.7.10 and implement the newer versions when the mod is stable.  In my opinion the popularity of 1.7.10 is still too high to ignore (regardless of the reason).

I would also like to see compelling reasons for updating.  I'm not doubting they exist.  Nor have I bothered researching it yet.

As I stands I choose to start with 1.7.10 and implement the newer versions when the mod is stable.  In my opinion the popularity of 1.7.10 is still too high to ignore (regardless of the reason).

I learned it is pointless to explain benefits of keeping shit updated and I will just say:

You sir (or rather people who back up their logic with "popularity") are what's wrong in this world. Don't hate - accept.