[1.10.2] How to change ore of a chunk that's already been generated?

Starless

implementing IWorldGenerator (this will be my first time doing this) makes me able to influence a chunk when it is first loaded, right? Is there a way to affect a chunk that has already been loaded, but only once?

Is there a way place where all already generated chunks get stored? If there is, I think I could probably iterate through this list once and manually generate my ore according to some algorithm, and then create byte of data signaling that post world generation ajustments already been made. So the post generation algorithm will never be called again.

This is my first idea on how to approach the problem, but it depends on having already visited chunks stored in a list. Any help?

ChunkEvent.Load can fire your algorithm.

As to "only once" - you will need to store some versioning number inside chunk (and e.g if version is smaller, then fire all previous versions, e.: chunk=3, but there is already 5th generation version, so you fire 4 and 5 generation algorithm on that chunk.)

To do that you can use ChunkDataEvent.Load and #getData() where you will save chunk version.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.