[1.9.4/1.10.2]Netbeans and Minecraft Forge Issue

NovaViper

Hey, I got everything up with Netbeans 8.1, I notice something that I don't particularly like that shows whenever I run 'runClient' and 'runServer' but never shows up in Eclipse nor IntelliJ:

#################################################
         ForgeGradle 2.2-SNAPSHOT-59f33ec        
  [url]https://github.com/MinecraftForge/ForgeGradle[/url]  
               Powered by MCP unknown               
             [url]http://modcoderpack.com[/url]             
         by: Searge, ProfMobius, Fesh0r,         
         R4wk, ZeuX, IngisKahn, bspkrs           
:deobfCompileDummyTask
:deobfProvidedDummyTask
:sourceApiJava UP-TO-DATE
:compileApiJava UP-TO-DATE
:processApiResources UP-TO-DATE
:apiClasses UP-TO-DATE
:sourceMainJava UP-TO-DATE
warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6
1 warning
:compileJava
:processResources UP-TO-DATE
:classes
:jar UP-TO-DATE
:getVersionJson
:extractNatives SKIPPED
:extractUserdev UP-TO-DATE
:getAssetIndex UP-TO-DATE
:getAssets
Current status: 162/1049   15%
Current status: 266/1049   25%
Current status: 420/1049   40%
Current status: 581/1049   55%
Current status: 714/1049   68%
Current status: 890/1049   84%
:makeStart
:runClient

I have each task in an individual profile with nothing else in them but the defaults. How would I make that not show up?

Main Developer and Owner of Zero Quest

Visit the Wiki for more information

If I helped anyone, please give me a applaud and a thank you!

I don't know. But google lead me to this: http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqTwoMainClassesWithArguments

That isn't for a gradle project.. I've been looking for ones that talk about Gradle projects but I haven't found one so far..

Welp, I got nothing from Google, I found how you could set the main class but I would get an error like this:

Error: Could not find or load main class net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStart
:run FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':run'.
> Process 'command 'C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_91\bin\java.exe'' finished with non-zero exit value 1

* Try:Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

My configurations are like this:

Tasks: ${project}:run

Arguments: -PmainClass=net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStart

Build.gradle:

// For those who want the bleeding edge
buildscript {
    repositories {
        jcenter()
        maven {
            name = "forge"
            url = "http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven"
        }
    }
    dependencies {
        classpath 'net.minecraftforge.gradle:ForgeGradle:2.2-SNAPSHOT'
    }
}
apply plugin: 'net.minecraftforge.gradle.forge'

/*
// for people who want stable - not yet functional for MC 1.8.8 - we require the forgegradle 2.1 snapshot
plugins {
    id "net.minecraftforge.gradle.forge" version "2.0.2"
}
*/
version = "0.0.1"
group= "com.novaviper.cryolib" // http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-naming-conventions.html
archivesBaseName = "CryogenicLibrary"

srcCompat=JavaVersion.VERSION_1_8
targetCompat=JavaVersion.VERSION_1_8

// NetBeans will automatically add "run" and "debug" tasks relying on the                      
// "mainClass" property. You may however define the property prior executing                   
// tasks by passing a "-PmainClass=<QUALIFIED_CLASS_NAME>" argument.                           
//                                                                                             
// Note however, that you may define your own "run" and "debug" task if you                    
// prefer. In this case NetBeans will not add these tasks but you may rely on                  
// your own implementation.                                                                    
if (!hasProperty('mainClass')) {
    ext.mainClass = 'net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStart'
}

minecraft {
    version = "1.9.4-12.17.0.1976"
    runDir = "run"

// the mappings can be changed at any time, and must be in the following format.
    // snapshot_YYYYMMDD   snapshot are built nightly.
    // stable_#            stables are built at the discretion of the MCP team.
    // Use non-default mappings at your own risk. they may not allways work.
    // simply re-run your setup task after changing the mappings to update your workspace.
    mappings = "snapshot_20160518"
    // makeObfSourceJar = false // an Srg named sources jar is made by default. uncomment this to disable.
}

dependencies {
    // you may put jars on which you depend on in ./libs
    // or you may define them like so..
    //compile "some.group:artifact:version:classifier"
    //compile "some.group:artifact:version"

// real examples
    //compile 'com.mod-buildcraft:buildcraft:6.0.8:dev'  // adds buildcraft to the dev env
    //compile 'com.googlecode.efficient-java-matrix-library:ejml:0.24' // adds ejml to the dev env

// the 'provided' configuration is for optional dependencies that exist at compile-time but might not at runtime.
    //provided 'com.mod-buildcraft:buildcraft:6.0.8:dev'

// the deobf configurations:  'deobfCompile' and 'deobfProvided' are the same as the normal compile and provided,
    // except that these dependencies get remapped to your current MCP mappings
    //deobfCompile 'com.mod-buildcraft:buildcraft:6.0.8:dev'
    //deobfProvided 'com.mod-buildcraft:buildcraft:6.0.8:dev'

// for more info...
    // http://www.gradle.org/docs/current/userguide/artifact_dependencies_tutorial.html
    // http://www.gradle.org/docs/current/userguide/dependency_management.html

}

processResources
{
    // this will ensure that this task is redone when the versions change.
    inputs.property "version", project.version
    inputs.property "mcversion", project.minecraft.version

// replace stuff in mcmod.info, nothing else
    from(sourceSets.main.resources.srcDirs) {
        include 'mcmod.info'

// replace version and mcversion
        expand 'version':project.version, 'mcversion':project.minecraft.version
    }

// copy everything else, thats not the mcmod.info
    from(sourceSets.main.resources.srcDirs) {
        exclude 'mcmod.info'
    }}

Not sure what to do now V_V

NetBeans is that bad? I had IntelliJ and I started using NetBeans specifically because it fully supports Java without having to pay crazy amounts of money for it.. I plan on making a video game with it.

I just figured it out after playing around with the Run configurations, I had to input the Main Class and now it starts up. Yeah so it seems to work better by loading the project as an Eclipse project instead of a Gradle project like Lex said. Buuut.. I do notice something else, it looks like the IDE isn't picking up the gradle class