Dramentiaras

When I try to decompile my forge by using install.cmd I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "install.py", line 40, in (module)

File "install.py", line 19, in main

File "D:\...\MCP\forge\fml\fml.py", line 332, in setup_fml

merge_client_server(mcp_dir)

File "D:\...\MCP\forge\fml\fml.py", line 416, in merge_client_server

f_client = os.path.normpath(os.path.join(client, cls.replace('/', os.path.sep))).replace(os.path.sep, '/')

File "ntpath.pyc", line 108, in join

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 6: ordinal not in range(128)

I have no idea what the problem is. I have the latest version of forge and mcp. I am using pyhton 2.7.

Use python 2.7 for one, and for 2, it seems that it doesnt like the encoding of one of your folders, place forge in a folder that doesn't have any special characters, just ascii.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Say, for example, your username has Unicode in it (like ß or a Chinese/Japanese character), python misbehaves with that, so you need to put it somewhere with a normal folder name (so rather than C:\Users\fünnÿnàmê\forge, put forge in C:\forge or similar.

Protip: try and find answers yourself before asking on the forum.

It's pretty likely that there is an answer.

Was I helpful? Give me a thank you!

width=635 height=903http://bit.ly/HZ03zy[/img]

Tired of waiting for mods to port to bukkit?

use BukkitForge! (now with a working version of WorldEdit!)

Say, for example, your username has Unicode in it (like ß or a Chinese/Japanese character), python misbehaves with that, so you need to put it somewhere with a normal folder name (so rather than C:\Users\fünnÿnàmê\forge, put forge in C:\forge or similar.

Thank you! since I'm swedish I use the letter Ä, that's probably the problem! However when I look at the Unicode table the letter is available there, but maybe it's just how the program was made...

The issue has to do with how your languages are setup on your computer, how or why it happens I do not know. I can use any unicode character I want in the path and things are fine, but for some people.. this....

Unable to reproduce it anywhere on my end I rely on you, a person getting the issue to see if you can track it down and find a solution. If you do please post it to the wiki

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon