Correction or Workaround 1.10 - make commands lowercase only.

Botjoe

Just noticed that commands seem to must be lowercase in the first argument for the tab completion to work (might just be the first character). ExecuteFile and execute interfere with each other (will clear to the first /). But executefile and execute work fine. Nothing different but the name of the command.

Easier to change to be consistent and use lowercase than to try to figure it out. (Probably happened in 1.9 versions also.)

Just a shoulda known better. So the workaround or correction is always use lowercase for command names.

I originally developed the mod to have an uppercase command called "ExecuteFile". I had always typed the ExecuteFile command and then used tab completion to add the rest of the command arguments.

I discovered recently that the tab completion was not working, so after trying a number of things , I changed the command to lowercase.

Causing the problem.

1) Created a command mod with the command name "ExecuteFile".

2) in the command execute coded to get list of matching command strings.

then

3) Typed any command starting with e (e.g. /exec) then tabbed.

4) Entry clears to /

then

3) Typed the command to /ExecuteF then tabbed.

4) Entry shows /ExecuteFile and works normally

then

3) Typed /execute {space}

4) Entry shows /execute and works normally

then

3) Typed /execute without a space

4) Entry clears to /

This caused the command to clear on the tab until after the F is entered. The user could enter 'execute space' and the string would not reset (deleted to the first /). 

I don't believe this is a forge behavior.

This has the issues.

if (args.length <= 0) {

List<String> ly = getListOfStringsMatchingLastWord(args,
		"ExecuteFile","/ExecuteEile");
      	return ly;
}

This works fine.

if (args.length <= 0) {

List<String> ly = getListOfStringsMatchingLastWord(args,
		"executefile","/executefile");
      	return ly;
}

Now typing /e {tab} displays

/execute, /entitydata, /effect, /executefile, /enchant

and sets the entry to /execute

Thank you.

I don't think that this is a forge behavior. I failed to use a convention of lower case commands.

----- Opinion ----

To me, it's a workaround, or fail to follow convention. While much of the rest of minecraft is inconsistent on case, commands appear to be lowercase. My reason to view it as a "gotta know" stems from how commands are parsed in terms of case in ordinary minecraft.

For example in standard minecraft, as a command, using /kill @e[type=villager] (entity uuid error) will not work, and /kill @e[Type=Villager] will kill everything (matches every entity), only /kill @e[type=Villager] will correctly work. Knowing to type /kill @e[type=Villager] is a "gotta know". That's why I think it's not a forge issue, but modders should know.