[1.9.4] NoSuchFieldError when loading mod in MC client

OhiraKyou

I've been developing a mod with IntelliJ IDEA, and I just tried loading the normal .jar (not the -sources.jar) from build/libs in the MC client outside of my development environment. The client crashes with "net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: IRON"

So, I imagine I'm just not generating a proper, obfuscated jar. But, a scan through Google hasn't yielded a solution.

I've uploaded my crash report and mod jar. Links below. Any suggestions?

Crash report

Mod jar

We don't want .jar, we need source (git would be nice).

You are probably using some dependency wizardy (I assume that since you have hella lot of other mods, if they are not dependency, please remove them for testing) or @SideOnly/Proxy where you are not supposed to, or some reflection magic. Seriosuly, there are plenty possibilities.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Indeed. I just tried my old build batch again without incident. So, I have absolutely no idea why it wasn't working before. Nothing has changed between the build that crashed and the successful builds that followed. Not a single line of code was changed anywhere, and I used the exact same MC instance, unmodified from the last attempt.

I've confirmed that simply running the client in IntelliJ IDEA using the runClient task changes the jar such that it crashes the proper client. This is because the runClient task also rebuilds the mod, although not in the same way, apparently. So, after testing in the IDE, I have to build again to get a fresh release jar.

Incidentally, my mod is now on github.

I've confirmed that simply running the client in IntelliJ IDEA using the runClient task changes the jar such that it crashes the proper client. So, after testing in the IDE, I have to build again to get a fresh release jar.

Incidentally, my mod is now on github.

jus browsing through the mod seeing what you did,

why in the lang file you have

item.turtletech:turret_extender.name=Turret Extender

twice? its not that importent but i was wondering..

Doing stuff n' things