Pre Compiled mods/modpack?

23Link89

Is there any way to make pre compiled modpacks and if so, can this ever become a feature in the future instead of compiling all the mods every time you load? I mean I know this requires a large amount of Forge's code to be rewritten, but could this ever be a feature?

Every time you launch MC with forge, forge and other core-mods is being injected to vanilla.

Then all @Mods and their classes are loaded by game's ClassLoader.

Whole process is not cached in anyway, so for big modpacks and weak computers you can get up to few minutes startup time.

Note: Above is very roughly described.

I think you are asking about caching loading result to make things go faster?

It's still Java so even then it will still take some time for sooo many classes, but yeah - probably faster.

But then again - if you have computer remotely close to gaming one - houndreds can load very fast.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

There is no way to 'compile' modpacks. Without a re-write of the entire mod loading system this will never be possible. As mod typically do thousands of things at startup.

You'll just have to deal with it, go get a drink while it starts if your computer is that slow.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon