Recipe help

Mtshaw113

So When you read about the problem im having, many of you who know what they are doing are gonna be like "Dude, gtfo and go learn Java before you attempt to mod" I've looked up tutorials(Generic on the wiki is what im specifically having problems with) so I copied it(because Im not very familiar with modding Minecraft(I know some Java but Im not in College Majoring in it or anything)) and Im having problems.(Spiler for you all)

GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(Item.myFirstItem), "iii", " s ", " s "

'i', myFirstItemStack, 's', stickStack

Im getting errors on the 'i', myFirstItemStack, 's', stickStack part. It Says they cannot be resolved to a variable(So i obviously need a variable) but Im very dumb so Im confused. Feel free to yell at me and all for not knowing Java. I accept that. I learn by doing. reading stuff on how to do it doesnt work for me. Well if you can please help. Thanks.

You have to tell forge what myFirstItemStack and sitckStack are. You could change stickStack to Item.stick and define myFirstItemStack like this: ItemStack myFirstItemStack = new ItemStack(Item.WhateverItemThisIs);

I think there might be a better way to do this because I to am not that experienced