[1.9] Ore Spawning isn't working as expected [SOLVED]

queekusme

I'm trying to spawn a basic ore block into the world however I cannot seem to find out what's going wrong.

I want the ore to have a similar generation pattern and amount as the regular minecraft ores however although the ore does spawn, it's so infrequent that I have to use conditional breakpoints to check for when the ore is generated in order to find its position. The ore doesn't show up, even as an unrecognised block, when I've scanned the world in MC Edit.

Here's the code I am using to generate the ore currently:

public static class MonaziteWorldGenerator implements IWorldGenerator{
    @Override public void generate(Random rand, int chunkX, int chunkZ, World world, IChunkGenerator chunkGenerator, IChunkProvider chunkProvider) {
        switch(world.provider.getDimension()){
            case 0:
                for(int k = 0; k < 300; k++){
                    int firstBlockXCoord = chunkX + rand.nextInt(16);
                    int firstBlockYCoord = rand.nextInt(128);
                    int firstBlockZCoord = chunkZ + rand.nextInt(16);

(new WorldGenMinable(ModBlocks.monazite.getDefaultState(), 13)).generate(world, rand, new BlockPos(firstBlockXCoord, firstBlockYCoord, firstBlockZCoord));
                }
                break;
            default:  break;
        }
    }
}

along with:

public void postInit(FMLPostInitializationEvent event) {
    GameRegistry.registerWorldGenerator(new Monazite.MonaziteWorldGenerator(), 0);
}

This code has never failed me in the past and I cannot find what may have changed since 1.7 since I last used it.

Any help is most graciously appreciated.

The

chunkX

and

chunkZ

arguments are chunk coordinates, not block coordinates. Multiply them by 16 or shift them left by 4 to get the corresponding block coordinates.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.