[Solved]Re-Generating chest items + block onUpdate()

HoBoS_TaCo

I've been trying to get my chest to regenerate items for a while and i'm having a problem. I have the generation code completed but I can figure out how to run the block's onUpdate() method on every tick. Is there a way to get every instance of the block's onUpdate() to run every tick or should I look in a different direction? If anyone can point me in the right direction it'll be appreciated. :)

Taking a stab as I look at redstone code. It looks like you do a scheduleBlockUpdate and rename your onUpdate() method to be updateTick() instead.

updateTick() is client-side only; it says so in the annotations.

You can just use your chests tile entity onUpdate() instead if it's a custom tile entity.

Taking a stab as I look at redstone code. It looks like you do a scheduleBlockUpdate and rename your onUpdate() method to be updateTick() instead.

updateTick() is client-side only; it says so in the annotations.

You can just use your chests tile entity onUpdate() instead if it's a custom tile entity.

I've been using TileEntityChest, it looks like adding a custom tile entity will do the trick. Thanks to both of you.