Cant Uninstall mods in forge? Help please

Okay so heres the deal guys. im running forge 1.7.10 on minecraft. ive been experimenting with different mods one at a time on thier own seperate worlds (except my main 1.7.10 world which had BC, AE2, And the thermal series) usually i just move the jar files out of the mods folder to "remove" the mods temporarily then add the mod i want to learn/test drive. It usually works. however, now whenever i remove those mods from the mod folder, forge continues to load all the mods like they were still there and ignores any new mods i add. can someone help me with this? or has anyone even heard of this?

i got it figured out guys. the shorcut i created was linked to my minecraft backup, and so when i clicked open file location to get to the minecraft folder i was removing the mods from the backup location. they werent actually getting removed from the install location. -_- i need to be careful where i create my shortcuts....