[1.8.9] [UNSOLVED] Constantly get player's hand position

JelloMOO

Hello. I have some code with which I'm trying to constantly get the player's hand position. It calculates correctly when I turn. However, when I move the player's body without turning, the hand moves, but the position it's calculating stays in the same position.

So if I'm holding a chicken, and I move my body without turning or rotating, the chicken doesnt move, but the player's body and hand does.

How do I take into account the player's body movements to be able to constantly get the player's hand position no matter what?

I used rotationYaw to take into account the player's head movements.

Please give more information, such as your code, why you need to do this, whether you are want the hand position in third person or first person, etc.

I'd take a look at the vanilla code which calculates hand position.

catch(Exception e)

{

}

Yay, Pokémon exception handling, gotta catch 'em all (and then do nothing with 'em).

I need to be able to hold a chicken in my hand.

I want to be able to get the hand position in third person.

d0 = player.posX;
					d1 = player.posY + 2;
					d2 = player.posZ;
					distance = player.renderOffsetX + -2; //how far from parent's center;
					f1 = player.renderYawOffset + 10;
					double f2 = distance * MathHelper.cos(-f1 * 0.017453292F - (float)Math.PI);
					double f3 = distance * MathHelper.sin(-f1 * 0.017453292F - (float)Math.PI);
			                newPosX = d0 + f3;
			                newPosY = d1;
					newPosZ = d2 + f2;

With this code I calculate to move the chicken to stay in the Player's hands when I turn in a circle.

This doesnt account for when the player moves without rotating, however.

Where is the vanilla code calculating hand position located?

• 2 weeks later...

i get an idea but do not hell know how to get data from the player render class to implement it

long ago i want to help not a chicken but an entity whith fire gun aperance

you can create an invisibloe entity to stay around player, and this entity every tick get the the player rotation pick and rotation yaw based on that calculate a point in the air in from of player but like a meter at front and a little to right of the player sig vector

i actualy have the mathas and the skiill to create the invisble entity but never get how to get the players hand position so i could alineated this properly soo get tired and just made mi guns as items

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else know how to do this?

If youre having trouble picturing what I mean, think of it as holding an item.

In minecraft, when you hold an item, and you turn around and move your body, it constantly stays in your hand, it doesnt begin to float in the middle of no where around your body.

I want to recreate that effect with a chicken.

Anyone?

Why don't you make it use player data (using IExtendedProperties, or PlayerCapabilities), and then use a LayerRenderer to render it. The item layer renderer would be a starting point. Then make it render a chicken model instead of an item model.

I suppose you could also accomplish this by making a unique entity, keep it "invisible", where the entity itself doesn't render, then with a layer renderer, check that the entity is riding the player (simple way to keep it at the player's location all the time, and track when you have a chicken), and render in hand with the above method.

That's just me thinking about how to re-use existing approaches, to save you a ton of time getting the math.

I don't have the documentation and code out in front of me, so I'm not going to be of any help with the actual code, but I figure pointing you in the general direction, and you digging around ought to suffice. Good luck.

chicken.posY = player.posY;
   	chicken.posZ = (playerArmLength * (MathHelper.sin(-player.rotationYaw + angOffset))) + (playerArmLength * (MathHelper.cos(-player.rotationYaw + angOffset))) + player.posZ;
    	chicken.posX = (playerArmLength * (MathHelper.cos(-player.rotationYaw + angOffset))) - (playerArmLength * (MathHelper.sin(-player.rotationYaw + angOffset))) + player.posX;

Hey gummy! The code above didn't really help, maybe I did it wrong. It works but only for when you move your head.

My problem is that I need to be able to account for sudden movements/jerks in the player's body. Like if the player, instead of moving their head, moves their body with W, A, S, D. It would put the chicken out of place.

public void moveHitBoxes(EntityDragonPart part, double FrontToBack, double SideToSide, double TopToBot) {

float f3 = this.rotationYaw * (float) Math.PI / 180.0F;
	float f11 = MathHelper.sin(f3);
	float f4 = MathHelper.cos(f3);

part.setLocationAndAngles(this.posX + (double) (f11 * -FrontToBack) + (double) (f4 * SideToSide), this.posY + TopToBot, this.posZ + (double) (f4 * FrontToBack) + (double) (f11 * SideToSide), 0.0F, 0.0F);
	part.onUpdate();

}

The code above didn't seem to work either, I dont know why. I think i did it wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

You should take it into account that linear interpolation with partialTicks is needed on the rendering, including the rotations of the player.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.