[1.8.9] "Player moved wrongly!" message on teleport

Zarathul

When teleporting a moving player I get the "Player moved wrongly!" message on the server. If the player stands still when ported there's no message. Teleportation is done the same way CommandTeleport does it, just from inside a Block#onEntityCollidedWithBlock() handler on the server side.

EntityPlayerMP player = (entity instanceof EntityPlayerMP) ? (EntityPlayerMP)entity : null;

if (player != null)
{
player.playerNetServerHandler.setPlayerLocation(destination.getX() + 0.5d, destination.getY(), destination.getZ() + 0.5d, getYaw(facing), player.rotationPitch);
}

I tried to stop the player and then port but it had no effect.

player.motionX = 0;
player.motionY = 0;
player.motionZ = 0;
player.playerNetServerHandler.sendPacket(new S12PacketEntityVelocity(player));

(Why is Entity#setVelocity() client side only btw?)

I also tried switching the player to creative mode temporarily (I know .. bad idea) during the port because this would normally suppress this particular movement check (see NetHandlerPlayServer#processPlayer()), but that didn't work either. Probably because the check hasn't been performed yet when I reset the game mode.

If anybody has some input on this, what I'm doing wrong or any Ideas on how to get rid of the message I'd appreciate it.

Entity#setVelocity is client-side only due to the way the code is compiled / decompiled; since it is only ever called on the client side, it gets marked with the @SideOnly annotation.

To teleport entities, I prefer to use #setPosition; then I check if it's an EntityPlayer and if so, I additionally call #setPositionAndUpdate to make sure the client player gets the memo.

Works for me without ever getting that error message.

Entity#setVelocity is client-side only due to the way the code is compiled / decompiled; since it is only ever called on the client side, it gets marked with the @SideOnly annotation.

Ahhh good to know.

To teleport entities, I prefer to use #setPosition; then I check if it's an EntityPlayer and if so, I additionally call #setPositionAndUpdate to make sure the client player gets the memo.

Hmm very strange. Tried it but still get the message. I looked at #setPositionAndUpdate and it just calls playerNetServerHandler.setPlayerLocation so it's basically the same I do.

Still thx for the answers!

Interesting - I suppose I haven't ever tried it while actually moving, so... dang.

I wonder if that's why you have to stand still in the Nether Portal for a few seconds before teleporting? Lol. Maybe you can force the client-player velocity to zero either right before or right after moving? Might not work due to network lag, but it might alleviate it. Surely there is a real solution, though.

I did some further testing.

Porting from Item#onItemUse never produces the message, doesn't matter if I'm running around or standing still.

@Override
public boolean onItemUse(ItemStack stack, EntityPlayer player, World world, BlockPos pos, EnumFacing side,
	float hitX, float hitY, float hitZ)
{
if (!world.isRemote)
{
	EntityPlayerMP playerMp = (player instanceof EntityPlayerMP) ? (EntityPlayerMP)player : null;
	if (playerMp != null)
	{
		BlockPos destination = playerMp.getPosition().offset(playerMp.getHorizontalFacing(), 10);
		playerMp.playerNetServerHandler.setPlayerLocation(destination.getX() + 0.5d, destination.getY(), destination.getZ() + 0.5d, player.rotationYaw, player.rotationPitch);
	}
}

return true;
}

While porting from Block#onEntityCollidedWithBlock will produce the message about half the time when walking into the block. Also, sometimes the handler is triggered twice and therefore the player is ported twice the distance.

@Override
public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World world, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, Entity entity)
{
if (!world.isRemote && entity.ridingEntity == null && entity.riddenByEntity == null && !entity.isDead)
{
	EntityPlayerMP player = (entity instanceof EntityPlayerMP) ? (EntityPlayerMP)entity : null;
	if (player != null)
	{
		BlockPos destination = player.getPosition().offset(player.getHorizontalFacing(), 10);
		player.playerNetServerHandler.setPlayerLocation(destination.getX() + 0.5d, destination.getY(), destination.getZ() + 0.5d, player.rotationYaw, player.rotationPitch);
	}
}
}

In my proper code I add a cooldown to ported entities (basically a HashMap of UniquieIDs and Timestamps), so I don't have the problem with the double port. What is strange though, is when I walk into the block while on cooldown and I'm then ported while standing still, I also never get the message.

• 2 months later...

I've been running into this issue too in 1.9.4, and it's pretty vexing. Does anyone have any ideas as to what causes it?

Relevant Block code:

@Override
public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, Entity entityIn) {
	if (!worldIn.isRemote && entityIn instanceof EntityPlayerMP && PortalUtils.checkEntity(entityIn)) {
		PortalType typeIn = state.getValue(TYPE);
		int origin = worldIn.provider.getDimension();
		BlockArea area = PortalUtils.isInsideActivePortal(origin, pos);
		if (area == null) {
			area = PortalUtils.isInsidePortal(origin, pos);
			IBlockState border = Blocks.QUARTZ_BLOCK.getDefaultState();
			if (area == null || !PortalUtils.checkPortal(worldIn, area, border, state)) return;
		}
		int destination = PortalUtils.getDestinationDimension(typeIn, origin);
		WorldServer worldOut = MiscUtils.worldServerForDimension(destination);
		PortalType typeOut = PortalUtils.getTypeMapping(destination, origin);
		Teleporter teleporter = new PortalTeleporter(worldOut, area.getSize(), typeOut);
		EntityPlayerMP player = (EntityPlayerMP) entityIn;

worldIn.getMinecraftServer().getPlayerList().transferPlayerToDimension(player, destination, teleporter);
	}
}

Teleporter code:

private void placeEntity(Entity entity, Vec3d location) {
	double x = location.xCoord, y = location.yCoord, z = location.zCoord;
	float yaw = entity.rotationYaw, pitch = 0.0f;

entity.motionX = entity.motionY = entity.motionZ = 0.0;

if (entity instanceof EntityPlayerMP) {
		EntityPlayerMP player = (EntityPlayerMP) entity;
		player.connection.setPlayerLocation(x, y, z, yaw, pitch);
	} else  {
		entity.setLocationAndAngles(x, y, z, yaw, pitch);