[1.9] Render OBJ Model Groups

Lycanite

Currently my mob models are in OBJ format. In 1.7.10 I used animate them by having each body part as a separate group  (or part as they were called by the importer).

I would animate each body part by looping through each group, I would translate and rotate using GL11 functions before rendering that group and moving onto the next. This was instead of just rendering the model as a whole. This also allowed me to hide certain groups when needed, fore example I could just show the head of a model for trophies, some mobs also have destructible parts such as shells.

Is there a way to do this in 1.9 using the new OBJ Importer, I'm aware that B3D has animation support but it looks to me like it's for actual frame based animation which would mean I would have a lot of work on my hands due to having around 70 mobs to work on.

• Like 1