Forge Using too much RAM

Jake1702

Hello there. I am having a problem with Forge 1.8. I have only few mods installed and it says 6 when I start it. (Including what comes with Forge.) However, it can go up to using 1GB of RAM or more. Now, I know mods can use a lot more than Vanilla Minecraft, but my PC only has 4GB of RAM. (Upgraded from 2GB a couple months ago.) Is there any way to make it use a bit less RAM while not affecting performance too much? If not, it's fine, I'll just try to close as much stuff as I can when I need to run it. Thanks in advance! :)

ya is true forge 1.8 is heavyer than forge a 1.7  as 1.7 was heavier than 1.6

i been sufering the struggle coz i have a low profile pc and play minecraft from the 1.64 i have tto make upgrades from time to time to play

some mods are especialy heavy mi mod is a heavy one and du not know exactly why.

i notice an increase in the memory usage in forge that happens from the forge version 1521

the last one i found whithout this memory "feature" is the forge-1.8-11.14.3.1520-mdk

if i use mi mod in 1520 works just fine but if i use it in a newer the game becomes laggy even if i set 4gigas the ram to minecraft profile

Well considering 1521 was this change: https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/commit/b312584ca4ada008c0551b7e780eb6e35d4abb42

It's literally impossible that that caused significant memory usage. In fact it actually DECREASED RAM usage becuase it doesn't have to load those classes in the class loader.

So, 99% sure that its your mod that is broken NOT Forge. If you DO have memory issues that you can reproduce on the current forge and ONLY with Forge  {or with a specifically designed mod that is not the cause itself but exposes the cause in Forge} then bring them up. But as stated many times, 1.8 actually increased performance and decreased RAM usage in the modded world.

Going to lock this now as we're going in circles and neither of you are supplying any actual evidence.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon