Simple Ways To Implement All Blocks List

Cloaking_Ocean

Hello people of Minecraft Forge forums. I'm currently working on a project that requires me to know how to instantiate many of Minecraft's blocks, register them into the GameRegistry, and also add appropriate textures. I'm fairly new to modding but I believe I can achieve this goal. Currently, I'm a little confused how the .json files work. However, I'll learn them more in-depth eventually. What I'm asking is this: "Is there a list of minecraft objects that states how to correctly implement them into a mod". For example. I was trying to add a DoorBlock into the game. Once I had added everything and loaded the game I placed down the block and only the bottom part of the door appeared. Also it didn't have the assigned texture on it.

TL;DR I need to know how to implement most of minecraft's blocks into my mod correctly. (Possibly a list explaning how to implement each block)

Thanks for any help.

what do you mean by minecraft block, are you asking for "Every Block" (Grass, Cobble, Piston, redstone, etc.)

Are you trying to add similar blocks?

trying to Reskin minecraft blocks?

Sorry for not being clear in my first post. The goal of this mod is to allow one of our devs to go into a text file/.yml file and add in information for custom blocks He'll need to be able to change the hardness, resistance, and custom texture of each CUSTOM block through the text file. Of course I'll implement ways for the values in the file to correspond in the mod. However, I don't know how to instantiate every minecraft object. I started out with BasicBlock extends Block. And from there I filled in the constructor. But I also need blocks that the normal Block class does not cover. Also I need to know how to correctly setup the .json files to texture properly. As I said before I tried to texture a door but I only got the bottom half of it. Thank you for your quick response.

I dont think there is a tutorial for EVERY type of minecraft block, for most of it you will need to look into the miencraft sources and understand how minecraft is doing it.

e.g. doors are placing the upper half of themselves in onBlockPlaced

I dont think there is a tutorial for EVERY type of minecraft block, for most of it you will need to look into the miencraft sources and understand how minecraft is doing it.

e.g. doors are placing the upper half of themselves in onBlockPlaced

Alright, thanks for answering my problem about the doors.