[1.8.9] Changes.

Ernio

First of all - loving 1.8.9.

Back to the case - I want to know every trick regarding WorldRenderer.

In particular:

* mode and format params in "#begin" - what and when are they used?

* Is there some one-time color-setting method or from now on everything should be kinda like this:

#pos(x,y,z).endVertex();

#pos(x,y,z).color(r,g,b,a).endVertex();

What other methods are useful, yeah - I could read source but vertex formats are the worst.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

I know that one of the parameters for WorldRenderer is the GL draw type.  GL11.GL_QUADS, etc.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Okay, so this is getting pretty nice.

The vertex format is actually short code for:

POSITION: #pos(x,y,z)

TEX: #tex(u,v)

COLOR: #color(r,g,b,a)

Whenever you want to apply one of those, you need to use proper vertex format (e.g: POSITION_TEX for pos and tex).

Then you close vertex with #endVertex().

Anyway, that was easy (I guess I just was lazy).

I know that one of the parameters for WorldRenderer is the GL draw type.  GL11.GL_QUADS, etc.

So where can I read about those types? I am GL noob in terms of conventions. Everything I know i learned from scratch (a lot actually).

So where can I read about those types? I am GL noob in terms of conventions. Everything I know i learned from scratch (a lot actually).

Look for some GL tutorials.  If you hover over

GL11.GL_QUADS

you can do a jump-to-definition which will take you to the GL11 class and you can look at the other modes there (I can't find a list online).  QUADS is more or less deprecated because it's inefficient, but no one in Minecraft modding cares (it's faster to draw two triangles than making the CPU calculate said triangles).  The other options I can remember are... LINES (may not work, use instead...), LINE_STRIP, and TRIANGLE_STRIP.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Look for some GL tutorials.  If you hover over

GL11.GL_QUADS

you can do a jump-to-definition which will take you to the GL11 class and you can look at the other modes there (I can't find a list online).  QUADS is more or less deprecated because it's inefficient, but no one in Minecraft modding cares (it's faster to draw two triangles than making the CPU calculate said triangles).  The other options I can remember are... LINES (may not work, use instead...), LINE_STRIP, and TRIANGLE_STRIP.

There's also

GL_POLYGON

and i think

GL_POINTS

When I was searching yesterday I don't know why I didn't catch this:

https://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man2/xhtml/glBegin.xml

Only thing questionable is why internal methods are public, and if they are not internal - how do they allow different outcome than ones provided (e.g: those in my prev post), but whatever. :)

Oh and eventually - how do you use lightmap (yeah, there is a method now)?