Installing Baubles APIjava.lang.NoSuchMethodError: baubles.common.items.ItemRing

BlackBird

I am trying to write a little Thaumcraft mod. (1.8)

I linked the Thaumcraft-1.8-5.0.3.jar together with the folder libs/thaumcraft/api, and it works, until i start minecraft. It needs "Baubles".

I went there and Installed Baubles-1.8-1.1.1.0.jar (I also tried 1.8-1.1.1.1).

When I run Minecraft now, I get the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: baubles.common.items.ItemRing.func_77625_d

Complete Error Message: http://pastebin.com/nwEZ6u1d

How can I fix that?

For 1.8 and earlier, you can only use deobfuscated/dev builds of mods in the development environment. ForgeGradle can deobfuscate a mod if you add it as a

deobfCompile

or

deobfProvided

dependency (see the MDK's build.gradle for examples).

In 1.8.9, FML can deobfuscate mods at runtime; allowing you to use regular mods in the development environment.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Ok, thanks.

I tried that but it doesn't work. I am pretty sure it doesn't work, because I don't understand what I am acctually doing here.

This is the Line I entered in the build.gradle under dependencies:

deobfCompile 'baubles:1.1.1.1'
// what I also tried: (I tried every command with deobfProvided too)
deobfCompile 'baubles'
deobfCompile 'Baubles'
deobfCompile 'baubles:1.1.1.1:dev'
deobfCompile 'baubles:1.8-1.1.1.1'
deobfCompile 'baubles:1.8-1.1.1.1:dev'

when i run that in most cases I get the following error: (command: gradlew setupDecompWorkspace)

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring root project 'Thaumcraft Mod'.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':deobfCompile'.
   > Could not resolve baubles:1.1.1.1:.
     Required by:
         com.slimydeath.thadd:Thaumcraft Mod:1.0
      > Could not resolve baubles:1.1.1.1:.
         > Could not get resource 'https://libraries.minecraft.net/baubles/1.1.1.1//1.1.1.1-.pom'.
            > Could not GET 'https://libraries.minecraft.net/baubles/1.1.1.1//1.1.1.1-.pom'. Received status code 403 from server: Forbidden

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

What's wrong?

EDIT:

while i was searching i found a link for a 'deobfuscated' baubles version, but just for 1.1.3.0 can i use that version somehow in minecraft 1.8?

Specifying the dependency like that only works if the mod is accessible through a Maven/Ivy repository, which you need to add in the

repositories

block of build.gradle.

To my knowledge Baubles isn't hosted in a public Maven repository, but you can access CurseForge downloads through Ivy. Unfortunately it looks like

deobfCompile

doesn't work with Ivy or local dependencies (the linked issue also shows how to access CurseForge downloads through Ivy).

I think your best bet at this point is to download and compile Baubles yourself or deobfuscate it with BON2.

Baubles 1.1.3.0 is built for 1.8.9 and may or may not work in 1.8.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.