Forge 3.2.5.120 Client Issue - ModLoader replacement fails to init mods properly

RedHeadCase

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but I found an issue with Forge 3.2.5.120. The way it replaces ModLoader makes many of my mods fail to function properly.

- TMI 2012_04_13 - Could not properly identify blocks to give infinite durability to, and some things would stack when they shouldn't

- Flan's mod 1.4.1 - Could not fire any of the weapons, planes would fly but Mouse Control would lock me in the plane unable to get out, the mouse would just immediately reset to wherever it was when I engaged Mouse Control. This is something with key binding and the effects they have. I was also required to install ModLoaderMP to get Minecraft to start without a missing ISpawnable object error.

- Mine&Blade mod 2.7.7.1 - Similar issue to Flan's mod, key bindings would do nothing, also the items in this mod stacked when they shouldn't have.

- Unofficial ToK v1.3.0 - Bound keys did not work.

Mods (modloader dependent) that worked:

- Millenaire 2.7.6 - Not dependent on Forge (but is on ModLoader) but it still seemed to work. I'm not well versed in it so I couldn't tell how well it was working. Bound keys functioned with this mod.

- Smart Moving 9.1 - Everything worked well in this mod including the bound keys.

- Rei'sMinimap v3.1 - Worked great. Bound keys functioned as expected too.

Several other mods where installed and they seemed to work ok but I had a ridiculous amount of lag too, not sure what caused that.

Reverting to Forge version 3.2.3.108 fixed all these problems. It might be good to warn people more that the new Forge replaces ModLoader.

For the keybinding issues update to the latest forge (post 129, but use whatever the latest is) and try again.  FML had an update for keybinding issues.

Any mod that requires ModLoaderMP will not work at all in MP, but 'might' still work in SP, they need to update to Forge.

As long as you keep updated, it should be fine, there is a small growing period we are in when we are switching away from ML and squashing all the bugs from that.

But, Client side all mods *should* work.

If you could provide more detailed properties, the versions of the mods your using. The version of forge you're using.

Direct download links to the mods/configs.

Step-by-step to reproduce.

etc...

If we get good bug reports, we can squash them.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Hi, I am actually the creater of the Battlegear mod.

I can confirm the keybinding issue, although you guys already know about that because it is fixed in the "Latest" releases. I even went as far to look into your code for the problem, buy the time I found the issue I found you had already fixed it in the latest buid so didn't bother submitting a bug report. I will also look into the reported stacking issue, which has the potential to actually cause quite a few errors in my mod. Hopefully my investigations may help you address the bug for a later release.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but I was wondering when you plan on releasing the next "Recomended" version of Forge? The keybinding issue is causing a lot of grief for some of the users of my mod, as every day I am bombarded with people demanding I fix it (Even though I recomend people stay on the .108 version). I don't mean to complain or anything, you guys are doing a great job and I know how easy it is for a bug like this to slip through the cracks. I was just wondering if you had an approximate date in mind for an upate in the Recomended build?

I can not reproduce the 'stacking bug', All items stack normally for me, for any mod I test. If you could provide code or samples of what you are talking about it would help. Anything related to item stack sizes is all vinella minecraft, neither ModLoader or FML edit that functionality.

As for the next recomended, I'll release it once I get all these bug reports squashed....

Trust me, I know the issues people get on things, and as soon as I can figure out/reproduce them. I can fix them.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Ahh that's no problem. I only really asked to see if there was any point me bothering releasing my next version built on Forge .120 with a little workaround for the keybinding issue or just hold off for the next recommended build. I don't mine working with the Latest builds just i don't want to recommend users to download it especially because they have enough trouble as is.

I will make sure i keep you guys updated on any bugs i find to ease the development. Also thanks for all your hard work