[1.8] Gradle setup fail

McCadenator

When I try to set up the new forge MDK it fails every time its only with the new MDK versions. Does any one know why this is happening?

By the way I'm on a Mac.

#################################################

ForgeGradle 2.0-SNAPSHOT       

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/ForgeGradle 

Powered by MCP 9.10             

http://modcoderpack.com           

by: Searge, ProfMobius, Fesh0r,       

R4wk, ZeuX, IngisKahn, bspkrs         

:deobfCompileDummyTask

:deobfProvidedDummyTask

:getVersionJson

:extractUserdev

Download http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.8-11.14.4.1565/forge-1.8-11.14.4.1565.pom

Download http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.8-11.14.4.1565/forge-1.8-11.14.4.1565-userdev.jar

:extractDependencyATs SKIPPED

:extractMcpData SKIPPED

:extractMcpMappings SKIPPED

:genSrgs SKIPPED

:downloadClient SKIPPED

:downloadServer SKIPPED

:splitServerJar SKIPPED

:mergeJars SKIPPED

:deobfMcSRG

Applying SpecialSource...

Applying Exceptor...

:getFernFlower SKIPPED

:decompileMc

:fixMcSources

:applySourcePatches

:remapMcSources

:recompileMc

[ant:javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6

[ant:javac] /Users/jeff/Desktop/Forge Dev/CrazyCraft/build/tmp/recompileMc/sources/net/minecraftforge/client/model/obj/OBJModel.java:617: error: cannot find symbol

[ant:javac]                    material.getColor().setW(alpha);

[ant:javac]                                        ^

[ant:javac]  symbol:  method setW(float)

[ant:javac]  location: class Vector4f

[ant:javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

[ant:javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

[ant:javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

[ant:javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

[ant:javac] 1 error

[ant:javac] 1 warning

:recompileMc FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:

Execution failed for task ':recompileMc'.

> Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:

Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 4 mins 40.693 secs

See this issue for a solution.

The resolution in that thread was to delete vecmath.jar in System > Library > Extensions, but I can't find such a file.  I do have hidden files visible, so I'm pretty sure it's not hiding out somewhere in the folder.  Is there any other solution you might know of?

I'm afraid I can't help you any further. That was the only discussion of this error I've seen.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

See this issue for a solution.

I have one more idea.  Perhaps you might be able to interpret these two lines for me?  These are the first two "warning" lines that I can find, or at least the first ones that have any mention of something going wrong.

[ant:javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6

[ant:javac] /Users/isaacrule/Desktop/forge/forge_1.8_source/build/tmp/recompileMc/sources/net/minecraftforge/client/model/obj/OBJModel.java:617: error: cannot find symbol

It mentions a path not being set, and then provides a file path and says it can't find a symbol.  When I was looking at various tutorials for setting this up on Windows, there was a Java PATH variable step that I couldn't figure out how to translate over to OSX terms.  Perhaps me skipping this step is the problem?

The two lines are completely unrelated.

The first is just a warning (not an error) that you're targeting an older version of Java but using the classes from the current compiler, this means that your code will only use language features from the old version but may still use classes or methods introduced in a newer version (which means your code may crash at runtime when run on the old version of Java). See this page and the pages linked by it for more details. This StackOverlflow answer explains how to set the path from Gradle.

The second is the start of the actual compilation error.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

See this page and the pages linked by it for more details. This StackOverlflow answer explains how to set the path from Gradle.

I'm new to forge and gradle.  I am not sure how to approach this solution because I don't know how to do anything "from" Gradle.  Is there a particular file I should open up and edit from the forge source files?

Put the code in your build.gradle script and set the environment variable it uses. This will likely only fix the warning, not the error.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are having the exact same problem.  Have not been able to get the following command to work:

./sudo gradlew setupDecompWorkspace eclipse

for several versions of the source code now.  Deleting  'vecmath' helped us get further on the 'recompileMc' step, but we are stuck at the same error as the OP.

Will post a solution if I find one...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Guest locked this topic