How to run Forge's tests?

Choonster

Forge's GitHub repository includes several JUnit tests and some test mods in src/test, but is there any easy way to run the tests and/or load the test mods? The test mods are what I'm mainly interested in.

Running the

test

Gradle task in the

Forge

project results in the

TestNetStuff

tests passing, but the

SimpleNetTester

and

EnumHelperTest

tests failing with class loader errors.

I apologise if this is the wrong section, I wasn't quite sure whether it fell under Modder Support or Support & Bug Reports.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Since it was mainly the test mods rather than the unit tests I was interested in, I decided to create a simple external Gradle project to build and run them using some symbolic links to a local copy of the Minecraft Forge repository. I've published it to GitHub with setup instructions.

I don't really care about the unit tests, so I probably won't bother with the JUnit runner. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.