[1.8] RenderingRegistry Not Replacing RenderPlayer For EntityPlayer

EverythingGames

I tried to overwrite the player render class for EntityPlayer, but the RenderRegistry class seems to not use my new PlayerRender class for the player. Instead, it still uses the regular RenderPlayer class. Here is my code:

ClientProxy

RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(EntityPlayer.class, new PlayerRender(Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderManager(), false));

PlayerRender (new RenderPlayer class)

public class PlayerRender extends RenderPlayer
{

public PlayerRender(RenderManager renderManager, boolean useSmallArms)
{
	super(renderManager, useSmallArms);
}

private void renderArms(AbstractClientPlayer abstractClientPlayer)
{
	final ModelPlayer modelplayer = this.getPlayerModel();
	final ItemStack itemstack = abstractClientPlayer.inventory.getCurrentItem();
	final Item item = itemstack.getItem();
	if(item.equals(MainInitialization.ITEMS.get("m40")))
	{
		modelplayer.aimedBow = true;
	}
}

@Override
public void func_180596_a(AbstractClientPlayer abstractClientPlayer, double p_180596_2_, double p_180596_4_, double p_180596_6_, float p_180596_8_, float p_180596_9_)
{
	this.renderArms(abstractClientPlayer);
	super.func_180596_a(abstractClientPlayer, p_180596_2_, p_180596_4_, p_180596_6_, p_180596_8_, p_180596_9_);
}

}

Development of Plugins [2012 - 2014] Development of Mods [2012 - Current]

I honestly belive that EntityPlayer is not being rendered like other entities.

You approach is good-looking, but if it was correct (or should I say: working) approach - everyone would use it.

What everybody does (and what I think you must do) is to use RenderPlayerEvent, cancel rendering and call your own renderer class.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

I honestly belive that EntityPlayer is not being rendered like other entities.

You approach is good-looking, but if it was correct (or should I say: working) approach - everyone would use it.

What everybody does (and what I think you must do) is to use RenderPlayerEvent, cancel rendering and call your own renderer class.

I believe your exactly right. However, RenderPlayer is called in about 4 other places (utilizing its two different constructors), so it is going to be a bit hard (what rendering isn't hard, ;)). Really, all I need is to tell Minecraft that, when holding my specific item, to set ModelPlayer.aimedBow to true. This piece of code I tried in the RenderPlayerEvent seemed to do nothing:

@SubscribeEvent
public void onEvent(RenderPlayerEvent.Pre event)
{
	final RenderPlayer renderplayer = event.renderer;
	final ModelPlayer modelplayer = renderplayer.getPlayerModel();
	modelplayer.aimedBow = true;
}

What about using event.post? It has to be the last thing you make cuz minecraft might change some rotationstuff or the aimedBow variable after setting it to true.

That did nothing. Usually, if you want to change values, you must use Pre in an event (usually used for cancelling). Like I said above, I wanted to change the ModelPlayer.aimBow to equal true. With the code above, I included a System Out debug to see what the aimBow boolean returned - it returned true, however, obviously its not rendering the player third person arms when "drawing a bow."

RenderPlayerEvent is currently not called on 1.8, due to Mojang's EULA.

I think you should do it in your item.

If its action is similar with bow, return EnumAction.BOW on Item#getItemUseAction(ItemStack stack).

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

This is absolute bullshit.

RenderPlayerEvent is being called. It was not called in the earlier versions due to a missing patch. This has nothing to do with the EULA.

Oh I didn't know that.. I think it is similar with the removal of cape location.

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

Oh I didn't know that.. I think it is similar with the removal of cape location.

Removal of cape location? WHAT?

I remember that changing skin/cape resource location was possible in 1.7

It is now impossible in 1.8, so there can't be any skin replacement.

It's certainly possible to change the cape in 1.8 (see my code here and here), I imagine it's possible to change the skin in the same way.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

It's certainly possible to change the cape in 1.8 (see my code here and here), I imagine it's possible to change the skin in the same way.

I tried using your method to change the player skin (similar to yourself changing the cape). I get a null pointer exception at both the lines that I used reflection,

public class PlayerSkinReplacement
{

private static final ExecutorService EXECUTORSERVICE = new ThreadPoolExecutor(0, 2, 1L, TimeUnit.MINUTES, new LinkedBlockingQueue());
private static final ResourceLocation RESOURCELOCATION = new ResourceLocation(MainReference.ID + ":" + "textures/player/playerskin.png");

public static final void playerSkinReplacement(AbstractClientPlayer abstractclientplayer)
{
	final NetworkPlayerInfo networkplayerinfo;
	try
	{
		networkplayerinfo = (NetworkPlayerInfo) AbstractClientPlayer.class.getDeclaredMethod("getPlayerInfo", new Class[] {}).invoke(abstractclientplayer);
	}
	catch(Exception exception)
	{
		exception.printStackTrace();
		return;
	}
	if(networkplayerinfo == null)
	{
		return;
	}
	ManagerReflection.setField(NetworkPlayerInfo.class, "locationSkin", networkplayerinfo, PlayerSkinReplacement.RESOURCELOCATION);
}

public static final void callPlayerSkinReplacement(AbstractClientPlayer abstractclientplayer)
{
	PlayerSkinReplacement.EXECUTORSERVICE.submit(() -> 
	{
		try
		{
			Thread.sleep(100);
		}
		catch(Exception exception)
		{
			exception.printStackTrace();
			return;
		}
		Minecraft.getMinecraft().addScheduledTask(() -> PlayerSkinReplacement.playerSkinReplacement(abstractclientplayer));
	});
}

}

I tried using your method to change the player skin (similar to yourself changing the cape). I get a null pointer exception at both the lines that I used reflection,

Could you step through the code in a debugger and figure out which methods are returning

null

? For the

getPlayerInfo

reflection call, it must be

Class#getDeclaredMethod

returning

null

(unless

getPlayerInfo

itself is throwing the exception). I don't know what your

ManagerReflection.setField

method looks like.

It should be noted that

ReflectionHelper

calls

setAccessible(true)

on

Method

s and

Field

s before using them, you should probably do this too.

Edit: Your current code will only work in the development environment, since there's no

NetworkPlayerInfo#locationSkin

field in the obfuscated client (where it uses its SRG name instead).

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.