Controlling direction of Large Fireball projectile [SOLVED]

King_Arthur_III

I am trying to make a sword that shoots a large fireball when right clicked in the direction that the player is pointing. But the fireball takes three parameters at the end that I don't know what they do. When I make them 10, 10, 10, the fireball always goes in a set direction no matter which way I am pointing. It seems like these parameters would be coordinates or something, but I don't know how to have them change depending on where the mouse is pointing.

? = mystery parameter

@Override

public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack par1ItemStack, World par2World,EntityPlayer par3EntityPlayer) {

if(par3EntityPlayer.capabilities.isCreativeMode||par3EntityPlayer.inventory.consumeInventoryItem(Items.redstone)) {

par2World.playSoundAtEntity(par3EntityPlayer, "fireball", 0.5F, 0.4F / (itemRand.nextFloat() * 0.4F + 0.8F));

if (!par2World.isRemote) {

par2World.spawnEntityInWorld(new EntityLargeFireball(par2World, par3EntityPlayer, ?, ?, ?));

}

}

return par1ItemStack;

}

Thanks for the answer, I tried to find what would I could use but I figured out that they are accelerationX, accelerationY, and accelerationZ, so it doesn't sound like it has anything to do with pitch, yaw, and roll. Also, I don't think roll would be one of them because Minecraft only has pitch and yaw.

Thanks TGG. Any idea what it means by accelerationX/Y/Z?

Exactly what it says on the tin.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

But what would I set them to so that it accelerates in the direction the player is looking?

The player's look vector.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Vec3 vec = entityPlayer.getLookVec();

//Magic

Yes.

Although I recommend trying to puzzle the problem out yourself first.

So I now the code looks like this, and it works better than before, with a few exceptions. The good part is that the fireball shoots in a much less random direction. However, much of the time it seems to get very buggy once it goes relatively far. Also, it shoots much faster than normal, which is not necessarily bad, but strange.

@Override

public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack par1ItemStack, World par2World, EntityPlayer par3EntityPlayer) {

if(par3EntityPlayer.capabilities.isCreativeMode||par3EntityPlayer.inventory.consumeInventoryItem(Items.redstone)) {

par2World.playSoundAtEntity(par3EntityPlayer, "fireball", 0.5F, 0.4F / (itemRand.nextFloat() * 0.4F + 0.8F));

if (!par2World.isRemote){

//Minecraft minecraft = Minecraft.getMinecraft();

//EntityPlayerSP player = minecraft.thePlayer;

//par2World.spawnEntityInWorld(new EntityLargeFireball(par2World, par3EntityPlayer, vec3.xCoord, vec3.yCoord, vec3.zCoord));

Vec3 vec3 = par3EntityPlayer.getLookVec();

EntityLargeFireball entitylargefireball = new EntityLargeFireball(par2World, par3EntityPlayer, vec3.xCoord,      vec3.yCoord, vec3.zCoord);

entitylargefireball.accelerationX = vec3.xCoord;

entitylargefireball.accelerationY = vec3.yCoord;

entitylargefireball.accelerationZ = vec3.zCoord;

par2World.spawnEntityInWorld(entitylargefireball);

}

}

return par1ItemStack;

}

Changing the acceleration is easy, just divide or multiply the vec3 values when you assign them.

As for buggy, I don't know.  I do know that there's a vanilla bug that the motion/acceleration values aren't saved when the game unloads, causing fireballs to get stuck mid-air (despite being reported to Mojang back in 1.4.4, they didn't fix it until last week's snapshot, 15w36c).