Modders world (Minecraft server)

rex41043

The idea behind modders world is that forge mod makers can sign up to have there mod on the server.

the good thing about this is that we not only post the error logs to the public BUT that the mod will be used by a mass of players.

this means that it will be well tested so you can find bugs and fix them fast. but i still know your asking 'rex what can this offer me as a modder?' well i am glad you asked as i told you we post all error logs to the public allowing mod makers to find bugs in there mod and fix it. This server is for the 'little guy' no big time modders allowed! this server is for modder noobs like my self xD

so this server will allow for high use of the mod, and that's great for testing! i thank you for your time :D

Feed back is welcome! the server is not yet public as we are setting up some stuff such as chest locking homes spawn etc.

How do i sign up to have my mod on the server?

I am glad you ask just follow the steps below:

1) Read ALL the terms, conditions and rules found below:

Modders world terms, conditions and rules for mod having your mod on the modders world Minecraft server.

credit will ve given to you for your mod, and posted on a sign in the servers spawn.

By signing up to have your Minecraft mod on the modders world Minecraft server you are agreeing to the following terms, conditions and rules:

1) that it is a forge mod.

2) There is no malicious scripts, items, blocks and/or code.

3) You are giving us the right to add it to our client so it can be downloaded automatically.

4) You have the right to ask for it to be removed form the client/server, when you ask for this it will be removed on the next cleint update.

5) Your mod must be of an acceptable state eg: no major bugs such as ones that can crash the client or the server. IF your mod does have bugs like this and we find them, your mod will be removed and reassessed.

6) We have the right to desable item(s), block(s) if we deem it 'over powered' or unsafe for the client, server and it's members.

7) Your mod MUST have a config file so we can change the item/block ID's if need be.

2) if you accept these then make a comment below with the following info:

1. name of the mod

2. what's in your mod/what does it do?

3. your IGN minecraft name

4. tell us y you want your mod on the server

5. are there bugs in your mod (it's ok if they are small :))

6: do you accept all the terms, conditions and rules?

7. you must supply a download link to your mod so we are review it. (this can take some time.)

This is a cool idea. I have a mod that is in stable smp condition(only minor visual bugs currently known) but have not been tested in a large scale environment yet. One thing that is hard to test is server performance and any changes that need to take place, because rarely do things behave as well as they do on paper, or while dual-boxing your own server.

My minecraft name is the same as here, rich1051414, and my mod is paint mod. Much thought as went into balance but again, this has not actually been tested by me in a real smp environment. Also I am sure there is some rare situations that may cause visual bugs I may not recreate in my usual testing. Because of this, I have resorted to many micro-updates to iron out bugs as they appear, but something like that could make my releases more substantial and stable at the same time.