Forge documentation should be in a form accessible across platforms

hoodwink_dude

I cannot access forge documentation on my android phone and I don't get on my laptop whenever I want so it would be extremely useful if the documentations were in pdf form or something else that was accessible on various platforms other than just desktop

I love solving puzzles and also coding. What a great combo! I also want to have a career in programming when I have gone through university. 9GAG and Quora stand in the way of me ascending from mediocre programmer to ...meh programmer and beyond!

I am always looking for fun projects to look at and maybe be a part of. If you have a project and want to co-operate, email me via [email protected]

Keep coding :)

why isnt there a javadoc on the forge files page for the newest version of forge 1.7.10? im using 1.7.10 for modding but im fairly new so the documentation will be handy but there isnt the documentation for the latest forge 1.7.10. Why???

I love solving puzzles and also coding. What a great combo! I also want to have a career in programming when I have gone through university. 9GAG and Quora stand in the way of me ascending from mediocre programmer to ...meh programmer and beyond!

I am always looking for fun projects to look at and maybe be a part of. If you have a project and want to co-operate, email me via [email protected]

Because we are no longer tied to one version of the crowdsourced mcp mappings and providing on snapshot of the javadocs would be a extreme waste.

Not to mention the fact that the javadocs were 90% of our data storage usage on our files servers for what is extremely redundant data.

You can generate them yourself after you setup a workspace and use them for whatever you want and they would be more accurate to your setup then the static ones forge used to ship.

We're also looking for someone to come and build a dynamic website to generate the old style javadocs using the mcp mappings but nobody has stepped forth so it appears nobody cares.

TLDR: Its not worth it on our end, and you have the tools to make more accurate documentation yourself.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

How do I generate them

After you run setupdecompworkspace you end up with a source jar file for minecraft/forge.

You just feed that into the normal javadocs generator program and you're done.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon