[!SOLVED!] [1.8] Getting localized block name

ecbercnl

How can i properly get the localized block name? I used StatCollector.translateToLocal() but it didn't work (shows up as tile.stone. used substring but some blocks have weird names (oreIron instead of Iron Ore). And also, it isn't localized).

Now, i'm trying to use getLocalizedName(). It works, with an exception of stone.

Here is a gfy of what i am talking about:

http://gfycat.com/MarriedIndelibleJanenschia

And here is my code.

https://github.com/Admicos/mcguimod/blob/master/java/cf/admicos/guimod/gui/InGameCustomGuiOverlay.java#L64

(sorry for bad english)

because im Turkish

Call

Block#getPickBlock(MovingObjectPosition, World, BlockPos, EntityPlayer)

- it will give you an

ItemStack

. Call

getDisplayName

on that ItemStack.

I am trying it now. But it gives me another error

Non-static method 'getPickBlock(net.minecraft.util.MovingObjectPosition, net.minecraft.world.World, net.minecraft.util.BlockPos)' cannot be referenced from a static context

(sorry for bad english)

because im Turkish

The ClassName#memberName notation means that memberName is an instance method or field of ClassName.

You can't access instance methods/fields without an instance of the class. This is a basic Java concept.

You need to call getPickBlock on an instance of Block (the one you want to show the display name of).

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.