Minecraft Forge Modding 1.8 Problem - Textures Mix

Mr.sKrabs

registerRender should only register the model for its Item argument. registerRenders should call registerRender once for each Item to register the model for that Item.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Do you understand what a method argument is and how to use one? This is very basic Java knowledge.

Instead of using Small_Flint or Twigs in registerRender, simply use item (the method's argument).

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

You still need to call registerRender with each Item field from registerRenders, but you should be using the item argument within registerRender instead of the fields.

Crashes when i try to enter

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.8

Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.8.0_05, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 724481176 bytes (690 MB) / 1037959168 bytes (989 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)

JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML: MCP v9.10 FML v8.0.99.99 Minecraft Forge 11.14.3.1450 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active

States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored

UCHI mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar)

UCHI FML{8.0.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forgeSrc-1.8-11.14.3.1450.jar)

UCHI Forge{11.14.3.1450} [Minecraft Forge] (forgeSrc-1.8-11.14.3.1450.jar)

UCHE hnmod{Harsh Nature - Alpha 0.1} [Harsh Nature] (bin)

Loaded coremods (and transformers):

GL info: ' Vendor: 'NVIDIA Corporation' Version: '4.5.0 NVIDIA 353.30' Renderer: 'GeForce GTX 660/PCIe/SSE2'

[18:47:15] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDOUT]: [net.minecraft.init.Bootstrap:printToSYSOUT:663]: #@!@# Game crashed! Crash report saved to: #@!@# E:\Users\ishay\Desktop\Assets\Coding\Minecraft Coding\Survival Mod\eclipse\.\crash-reports\crash-2015-07-27_18.47.15-client.txt

AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM warning: Using incremental CMS is deprecated and will likely be removed in a future release

Upload the contents of the crash report (crash-reports/crash-2015-07-27_18.47.15-client.txt) and your code to Gist and link them here.

The part you've posted doesn't contain much useful information, I need to see the stacktrace to help you.

Caused by: java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:

The method registerRenders(Item) in the type HarshNatureItems is not applicable for the arguments ()

The crash report tells you exactly what went wrong: registerRenders requires an Item argument, but you tried to call it with no arguments.

A method named registerRenders (which implies that it registers multiple things) shouldn't need an Item argument (since it should be registering models for multiple items, not just one).

to diesieben07 you should be ashamed coming from you,You are here to support people no matter thier skill if its an expert or a novice showing your act is already sad you are not suppose to be a moderator shut up and do you job by helping others not trying to hurt them.

Now i understood what you explained to me but still i dont understand what line,word am i supose to write there there,just write me the line.

From your PM:

public static void registerRenders()
   {
      registerRender(Small_Flint);
      registerRender(Twigs);

}

This part is correct, but inside the registerRender method you should use item instead of Small_Flint or Twigs.

I told you i already tried it but it gives me an error.

and i've taken a pic

http://prntscr.com/7xl2u8

In that screenshot, you're calling registerRender with the non-existent item variable. What I'm telling you to do is change the code inside the registerRender method to use the item argument.

how about this comment?

I am here to support, indeed. But I am just telling you (not hurting you, if you take this personally, that was not how it was intended) that apparently you have a wrong view of your skills.

is this modding-wise?

threating me wont budge me i am here to get help you are not helping me thus i dont care.

public static void registerRenders()

{

registerRender(Item);

registerRender(Small_Flint);

registerRender(Twigs);

}

this is the lines now..i have a problem with the Item.

This is the client proxy

public class ClientProxy extends CommonProxy{

@Override

public void registerRenders() {

HarshNatureBlocks.registerRenders();

Object item;

HarshNatureItems.registerRenders();

}

i think i understood you just change it to work we are waisting time i already understood the problem i just dont know how to solve it

Hi, your registerRender() method logic is messed up. Your registering specific items in there when you should use your Item parameter. That's the whole point of having a parameter in a method - you call that method with whatever item you want to render. Call it in your registerRenders method. Incorrect Java.

Development of Plugins [2012 - 2014] Development of Mods [2012 - Current]