Light Drafter, A "light" magic mod

UberAffe

If you are familiar with the Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks, this mod is an attempt to emulate the magic used in that world with the biggest feature being that it only adds a single item/block to the game, yet it can do everything from letting you fly to making a trampoline, or even a catapult or gun!

Let me explain:

This mod makes the player a "Prism" (a mage who absorbs light and uses it create items and blocks in the world from the broken down colors).

The single item/block is a design table that the player will use to design their tools/armor/machines or import designs if they are lazy)

All items are drafted(created) into either your hotbar or armor slots while blocks are drafted directly into the world(including multi-block).

The point of creating the mod this way is that I do not and cannot know every item that a user could possibly make or even its use, I am giving them a base with which to create their ideas.

I decided that I want to implement it this way after seeing someone make a working calculator with vanilla minecraft.

I am looking for help with modeling, for both in-game use and in the design gui. I am also just looking for some more general help with organizing the underlying framework and some of the implementation.

This is my first mod but I am determined to see it finished.

This is a more detailed description of how the mod would ideally work:

https://github.com/UberAffe/Light-Drafter/blob/master/README.md

This is a mock up of what the gui for the design table might look like:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_8hByLHUVnzNUZVN2lzUl95dUk

Feedback on the concept itself is also appreciated!

Current Project: Armerger 

Planned mods: Light Drafter  | Ore Swords

Looking for help getting a mod off the ground? Coding  | Textures