• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Correct, however DistExecutor is even more of a hack than @SidedProxy and often fails.
    • You misunderstood. If you play single player, you are just playing on a server which is running in the background. So you just need to think of server & client, always. Even in single player.   You need to sync the data from the server (which holds the data) to the client. What is your capability attached to? Is it your own object it's attached to? Provide more details.
    • This is what happens when someone gets randomly kicked  [23:12:03] [Netty Server IO #1/ERROR] [FML]: NetworkDispatcher exception java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_231] at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_231] at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_231] at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_231] at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_231] at io.netty.buffer.PooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.setBytes(PooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:288) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:1100) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:372) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:123) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:624) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:559) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:476) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:438) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_231] aaand when someone joins [23:07:05] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: FMLIndexedMessageCodec exception caught io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Undefined discriminator for message type journeymap.common.network.DimensionPermissionPacket in channel jm_dim_permission at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageEncoder.write(MessageToMessageEncoder.java:106) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageCodec.write(MessageToMessageCodec.java:116) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeWrite0(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:738) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeWriteAndFlush(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:801) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.write(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:814) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.writeAndFlush(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:794) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.writeAndFlush(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:831) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.writeAndFlush(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1032) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.writeAndFlush(AbstractChannel.java:296) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.simpleimpl.SimpleNetworkWrapper.sendTo(SimpleNetworkWrapper.java:250) [SimpleNetworkWrapper.class:?] at journeymap.common.network.PacketHandler.sendDimensionPacketToPlayer(PacketHandler.java:57) [PacketHandler.class:1.12.2-5.5.3] at journeymap.server.events.ForgeEvents.on(ForgeEvents.java:73) [ForgeEvents.class:1.12.2-5.5.3] at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_1021_ForgeEvents_on_EntityJoinWorldEvent.invoke(.dynamic) [?:?] at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:90) [ASMEventHandler.class:?] at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:182) [EventBus.class:?] at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72838_d(World.java:1206) [amu.class:?] at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72838_d(WorldServer.java:1058) [oo.class:?] at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerList.func_72377_c(PlayerList.java:377) [pl.class:?] at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerList.initializeConnectionToPlayer(PlayerList.java:166) [pl.class:?] at shadows.fastbench.net.HijackedDedicatedPlayerList.initializeConnectionToPlayer(HijackedDedicatedPlayerList.java:19) [HijackedDedicatedPlayerList.class:?] at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.completeServerSideConnection(NetworkDispatcher.java:255) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?] at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.access$100(NetworkDispatcher.java:72) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?] at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher$1.func_73660_a(NetworkDispatcher.java:205) [NetworkDispatcher$1.class:?] at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:285) [gw.class:?] at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:180) [oz.class:?] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:790) [MinecraftServer.class:?] at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:397) [nz.class:?] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:668) [MinecraftServer.class:?] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:526) [MinecraftServer.class:?] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_231] Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Undefined discriminator for message type journeymap.common.network.DimensionPermissionPacket in channel jm_dim_permission at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.FMLIndexedMessageToMessageCodec.encode(FMLIndexedMessageToMessageCodec.java:76) ~[FMLIndexedMessageToMessageCodec.class:?] at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageCodec$1.encode(MessageToMessageCodec.java:67) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageEncoder.write(MessageToMessageEncoder.java:88) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] ... 29 more included client-side log   edit: I've ran it with journey maps disabled and i still end up getting randomly dc'd latest.log
    • Hello guys, today I don't have any particular problem but I don't understand why I can get my capability's data from the server directly into my GUI which is obiously a client side stuff. Thanks to this I don't need to use any packet to update my tile entity into the client side but I am not sure if this is a good way of doing things. I saw that nowadays the client and the server are linked because after all client is just a server with only one client so do I need to use packet for this situation?
    • Delete .minecraft/versions/1.12.2 and restart your launcher   also the filenames of one or more of your mods suggests you got them from a repost site. Please read up on the StopModReposts project (link in my signature) for info on why this is a bad thing.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)